Trash to Treasure Mystery Envelope Challenge DUE July 24th

CQ, if we all get them in early will you send them out early?! Mine should be finished Wednesday.

Here are my last two cards:
The Love of Coffee I used the copper colored note card which I thought went well with the coffee. I used gel medium to attach a brown recycled paper napkin for texture, rubbed with red and gold stamp ink, added the cut out hearts and white and red acrylic ink.

Last edited:
I used the note card with yellow, green and orange circles. Used gel medium over punchiella to glue down the green sheer ribbon, then colored the card with yellow acrylic paint, green watercolor and orange magicals power ink, finishing off with some gold ink on the high spots and some black ink circles made with bottle tops.

Last edited:
Fantastic cards everyone. I've been so inspired looking at all the great work! And thank you again CQ for letting me play. This was so challenging and fun.

My cards are ready to mail.

Here's a little bit about how I used the treasures, and thanks for providing such a bounty!

For "Coffee Talk" I used a green note card ATC blank and added the coffee Image. I did some embossing paste on the top and some german scrap. For the image, I used one I had on hand.

"The fold that glittered" uses another one of the blanks that I painted and embossed. I colored the tea box image with colored pencils.

"Dreams come true" uses another blank that I painted and stamped. I also painted the fends and some of the circles to die cut the green birds. The other ones were cut from some scraps I had colored with alcohol ink.

"Harmony" uses the Asian background. I added some stamping. The tag has a piece of the pretty ribbon across the bottom, and there is one of the circles and the clear strip that I stained with alcohol ink.

I noticed that words "once the queen" on the book page we received. That was perfect for using one of the crowns, and some of the little hearts.

For the Penguin Pals, I stamped and embossed a snowflake background. I used those adorable stamps, 3 circles and the snowflake punches along the side, and finished it off with a snowman brad.

Cards will be on their way to you tomorrow Castle Queen.

Last edited:
I am so impressed. I loved your card, and I love the explanations. I think my two favorites are the queen and the coffee cards. I am equally impressed that you could do something with the tea box images. I just never could do much with those items.

Here are my cards for the swap and this is what I used from the mystery envelope!

Scatter Joy - I used the cute note card background and partially covered it with a piece of the Japanese book page and 3 of the hearts provided.

Early Bird - Covered the note card with pieces from the 2 book pages provided. I added the bird to a piece of that chipboard from the tea box to give his wings the gray color. (Used glimmer mists to give the bird and page pieces color.) Added the coffee images provided.

Passion House - Note card base with chipboard from the tea box for the top of the house. I used the fence and collaged pieces of the Japanese book page for the door. On my windows I used that clear packing material (was excited about this idea!) The word passion came from the purple tea tag. Used the circle and heart punches.

Bloom - I used the note card background. It was purple with a single flower on it. Added pieces from the Japanese page provided.

Beautiful - I used the beautiful hummingbird note card for my background and added the fence, circle and heart punches provided.

Back
Top Bottom