ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Cat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 514/98%
Zentangle-a-Thon Coming June 17: Need Ideas!

The next Zentangle-a-Thon (ZAT) will be June 17-19. What do YOU want to see as challenges, sizes, and such? Post your ideas to the thread.

As preparation for the ZAT, I suggest cutting your blank canvases and that strings are drawn on your blanks, whether they are ATCs, inchies, twinchies, etc. This step leaves more time in the ZAT weekend to do your repetitive patterns within the strings.

Materials needed for this fast and fun weekend:
  • blank canvases of assorted sizes (WC paper is not recommended if you use Sharpie pens)
  • pencil for shading
  • black pens: Micron, ZIG, Prismacolor are recommended for their variety of nib sizes, but even an Ultra Fine Sharpie will do if you don't have the others
Old 05-15-2011, 01:30 PM
Still dreaming...

My Mood:
sarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant futuresarat has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 579/100%
I love zens and hope to join in. I mostly do ATC's but also like 4X4's.

I'd love to see:

1. Black and white zens plus one color

2.Flower, plant and tree zens

3. Mask zen

4.Summertime zen

5. Two color zen

Just a few thoughts.....

Old 05-15-2011, 11:38 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Cat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
Awesome ideas Sara! I love the summertime one.

Not sure if I'm gonna do a chunky challenge this time; maybe thrinchies instead. I tend to take a long time to do a 4x4.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:05 AM

Art By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoastArt By Camilla is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 97/100%
What about listing 3-5 specific tangles (from tanglepatterns.com), and making a Zentangle using only those tangles? Be interesting to see the various ways people make use of them in their design.

I've written it in on my calendar; hope to play!
Old 05-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Cool idea Camilla. That would be interesting.
Old 05-16-2011, 03:18 PM
Mix Medium Artist

My Mood:
chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)chatty is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 445/100%
I'm making note too of the dates....

Prefer ATCs over 4x4 only because of the size....

I think Sarat and Camille have great ideas I would suggest picking one of their themes specify the size and go with it ..*smile*..
Old 05-16-2011, 04:05 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Great idea, Chatty.

Since there are two and a half days in the Athon, that gives me three combos to create.

Of course, there's nothing against doin' your own thang.
Old 05-17-2011, 05:17 AM
Sprinkles McKnob be me name

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1629/100%
I am DEFINITELY interested in this one - I will be spending most of the first day either stuck on planes or in airports so this is PERFECT!
Old 05-17-2011, 12:04 PM
Tangled up in life!

My Mood:
1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)1 Art Lady is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 335/100%
I'm interested! I will be done with school by then, so I can at least play a little!
Old 05-17-2011, 04:44 PM
this is only a test

My Mood:
oddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of artoddbreed eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 876/100%
Talking

yay!!! i was just gifted a few tangle books! count me in!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 07:39 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
If any of you have other ideas, let me know. I'll put together a preliminary grouping soon.
Old 05-24-2011, 07:13 PM
kicki22

iTrader Rating: /%
I've not done a create-a-thon before but would love to participate in this one. I'm really working on inchies so I'd like to try to do two or three different inchie themes - hearts, bubbles, and colors are themes I think might be fun. I'd also love a mandala/zendala, an origiami tangle (tangle on an 8 x 8 piece of paper and then fold the tangle into an origami figure - not an ATC but looks cool), or same strings (everyone does the same string) - really anything though. Just looking forward to it very much!
Old 05-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
I like the "same strings" idea. That could make a very interesting challenge.

There are several string ideas available at tanglepatterns.com and also various tangle patterns listed alphabetically by name.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:28 AM
Artist in the Lucy Ricardo tradition

Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!Jean should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 517/100%
I don't do Zens, but wanted to alert y'all to the brand new A-thon Gallery Carole set up for us!!! Use Zentangle as a key word and you'll be able to find all the Zen cards easily!http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?c=17
Old 06-03-2011, 12:54 PM
I know it's only Rock and Roll but I like it!

My Mood:
Hazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them allHazartist1 is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 210/100%
I want to post an idea:

I have used black paper and white markers and done zens that way.

Also,I am currently in a swap for Zen faces...I like that one. I have done zen characters for my entries.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Thanks Jean!! I'll be sure to link to the A-Thon Gallery in the official thread!
Old 06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Originally Posted by Hazartist1 View Post
I want to post an idea:

I have used black paper and white markers and done zens that way.

Also,I am currently in a swap for Zen faces...I like that one. I have done zen characters for my entries.
White on black is a lot of fun. I love doing Zens that way. I also like using metallic gel pens on black. Very striking!
Closed Thread

Tags
athon, ideas, zat, zentangle, zentangle-a-thon