ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 09-12-2017, 09:28 PM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 944/100%
APC-a-thon

APC-a-thon on September 15 – 18, 2017

dsign49 will be hosting

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am on Friday morning, September 15, 2017 and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm on Monday evening, September 18, 2017.

NOTE: If you are not using standard ATC size playing cards, mark them clearly. Not everyone is willing to trade wrong size cards.

This weekend we will :
1) Create altered playing cards, any theme, collaging, painting, drawing, zentangles, digital altering, photographs, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry, tea bag folding, transparencies... you name it!
2) Show what lovely creations you've made
3) Trade art - if you wish.
4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)
5) Feel free to ask questions in the thread
6) HAVE FUN

CHALLENGES or THEMES (optional)

Day 1
Abstract background and add a postage stamp
incorporate ribbon on the card
angels and fairies

Day 2
Three of the same on a card
something found on or in water
ask someone to make a card you need for your deck

Day 3
Make an APC with a Moo House on it
Found poetry
a card honoring our troops
Day 4
Finish cards and make and confirm trades

What is an a-thon? It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art, done over the same day and time in each time zone. It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS: At 12:01 am on Friday (your time zone - which is really Midnight on Thursday, (if you think about it!) start creating art, then upload your lovely creations to the A-Thon Gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the event time. Trading and chatting ensues.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE: When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD: From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5

Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl V) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery can be small, medium or large. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.
[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:
1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS? If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
Old 09-12-2017, 11:03 PM
Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 1412/100%
This looks like fun! I may be able to do a few APC's this weekend, and if nothing else will check out what everyone is doing. Thanks for hosting, dsign49!

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...
Old 09-13-2017, 12:03 AM
Too much ink!

My Mood:
sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!sniisk should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1959/100%
I hope to have at least a little bit time.

We moved again in May. Ask for a new address!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:42 AM
Be happy!

My Mood:
smallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with allsmallgirl has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 622/100%
Signing in!! Wishlist updated and Hoping to add to my decks!
Old 09-13-2017, 12:12 PM
ATC Superhero

My Mood:
Pikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forumsPikkis clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 799/100%
Hoping to play and make at least a few cards...
Old 09-13-2017, 12:46 PM
inspired

ChronicReader is a delightful artist to behold!ChronicReader is a delightful artist to behold!ChronicReader is a delightful artist to behold!ChronicReader is a delightful artist to behold!ChronicReader is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 46/100%
Can't wait!
Old 09-13-2017, 01:24 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1786/100%
Looking forward to it!
Old 09-13-2017, 11:15 PM
Bloom where you are planted!

My Mood:
CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!CastleQueen5 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1765/100%
Fun I will play
Old 09-14-2017, 01:29 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)Amapola is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 372/100%
Checking in! I'm not sure if I'll have time to make cards, but I'll keep this in mind and admire the art at least.
Old 09-14-2017, 01:40 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2242/100%
I have now run off the wish lists of everyone above this post - lots of scope for creation.

8 hours and 20 minutes before I can start.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:55 AM
create something amusing

My Mood:
JavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 267/100%
just watching the fun
no time to play
Old 09-14-2017, 09:29 AM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
dsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with alldsign49 has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
just watching the fun
no time to play
How are you doing? Did you have a lot of damage? We're thinking about all of you in that part of the USA..

Glad you will be watching.
Old 09-14-2017, 09:35 AM
create something amusing

My Mood:
JavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forumsJavaZarf clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 267/100%
We are AOK at our house. Power out for a day, but no damage or flooding.
Many areas of our city and state are devastated, still flooded and without power.
We feel blessed to have come through in such good condition.
Old 09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1389/100%
Yay! I hope to have some time on Sunday or Monday.
Old 09-14-2017, 12:04 PM
Chronic paper-cut sufferer

My Mood:
Allegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of artAllegrae eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 1466/100%
Bookmarking!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:27 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Originally Posted by JavaZarf View Post
We are AOK at our house. Power out for a day, but no damage or flooding.
Many areas of our city and state are devastated, still flooded and without power.
We feel blessed to have come through in such good condition.
So glad you are OK!
Old 09-14-2017, 12:29 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
Moving this over from the other thread so everyone knows what I will be working on:

This is the back of my sea themed cards.

The size is 1.5 X 5 inches

The orientation of the picture is horizontal but the orientation of the face card is vertical. I will probably be altering with the vertical orientation.

I have a complete deck so if anyone wants to reserve a specific card please let me know. I'm thinking I will stick with the sea/beach theme.

We actually saw most of these sea creatures in the aquarium. Even watched the penguins eating their evening meal.
Old 09-14-2017, 02:18 PM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
Jennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them allJennifer is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 421/100%
Bookmarking!
Old 09-15-2017, 12:22 AM
Empress of Arrows

My Mood:
Time is getting close. I will be gone for part of the day. I know you will have a great time until I get back. I will try and check in before I leave. Can wait to see what will have been posted when I get back.
Old 09-15-2017, 01:47 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1797/100%
Well I will try to play I was just looking at some of your APC wishlists