ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 09:53 PM
visual poet

My Mood:
dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 922/100%
Hello Everyone!

Wow you all have been busy with all kinds of things! Love reading about your days, your inspirations and the shenanigans you all get into.

I've been rather slack in reporting that I got my envie from Wisteriavine a few days ago. Not sure exactly which day it arrived. The mailbox was full of stuff when I got out there a few days ago so when the elephants arrived I am not certain. But come they did! And what a fabulous envie it is! Thank you Wisteriavine! It's beautiful! I will get some iTrader out to you in a bit here.

My youngest son and his little crew came to visit today for a few hours. The boys (11 and 14) sat on the sofa looking through my ATC collection. Grant said, "We've seen all of these. Do you have anything new we can look at?" I dragged out the notebooks full of altered envies. They sat there oohing and ahhing about all the cool envies and postcards. So you all made some younguns a lot less bored for an afternoon. They really did like the collection of altered envies.

I have been frantically trying to get all my entries for the county fair done. I have one more day to finish it all up before the fair begins on Monday. Looking good so far. Tonight will be dedicated to finishing Fish Picture #21. I finished the paper mache octopus yesterday, and finished the crocheted market bag the day before yesterday. Cutting it close, but all's good that ends good. Or something to that effect.

I'm still working on the paper mache birds. I plan to finish them before I head to my eldest son's house at the end of August for a couple of weeks.

Here's hoping you all are having a wonderful weekend!
“Don’t worry about whether or not what you’re making is great art, just finish the work. Let other people argue about whether or not it’s any good. While they’re busy arguing, make more art.” Andy Warhol

Be good to one another. It matters!
Old 08-13-2017, 07:48 AM
I've never met a color I didn't like.

My Mood:
Rosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant futureRosecake has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 97/100%
Dmnh, I love that your 11 and 14 year old boys were wowed by your envie collection. My 16 year old grandson saw my envie for Nanner this month and pulled out his phone to snap about four pictures of it. It's so cool that the art we trade here makes a lot of people happy, not just us.

Good luck on your county fair entries! Will we see pictures?
Old 08-13-2017, 08:19 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 572/100%
Originally Posted by ParadoxSketchbook View Post
I have a question....

I have seen some hang write "Hand CAncel" on their envelopes when mailing.
What does this mean?
I believe this costs more though. ... But that might be one of those things where my postal peep charges more...where another might think that's not necessary. (Sometimes I think they interpret the rules differently.) The hand cancellation looks so much more beautiful
A Mynah Production blog
Old 08-13-2017, 08:26 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Donna, I'm sue that you will complete your projects for the fair. You are a boss at getting art done! Good luck at the fair <3

Rosecake & Donna, I love that the grandkids dig what we do!

Regarding the gnome, I gotta go watch Amelie now.
A Mynah Production blog
Old 08-13-2017, 02:06 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 193/100%
Donna, how exciting that you will be selling your arts and crafts at a local fair! I'm sure you'll get everything done and I hope you will share some pictures of this event with us.

Nightowl, thank you for the heads up on that move, Amelie. Maybe I can watch it on my iPad? I'm going to look into that.

Mel,thanks for posting those links on the Gnome news stories. I see one of the kidnapped Gnomes came from Vancouver Island! I don't watch the news very much so I missed this story.

Waffle, I am just finishing up your envie this afternoon. Would you please send me your addy? Thank you.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:10 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 193/100%
ATTENTION all doll lovers! I found this youtube vid today of a twelve year old boy who makes the coolest assemblage type dolls. Some of you may not like his style but I think this kid is going to turn some heads in the art world someday if not already! Here's the video. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCCElAjAW3E
Old 08-13-2017, 11:18 PM
Cuckoo for Collage

My Mood:
Miss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forumsMiss Iowa clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 130/100%
Wow! That kid is really talented. His works show maturity and skill well beyond his age. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-13-2017, 11:54 PM
Don't mess with my tutu.

nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1068/100%
Originally Posted by kwailin777 View Post
I believe this costs more though. ... But that might be one of those things where my postal peep charges more...where another might think that's not necessary. (Sometimes I think they interpret the rules differently.) The hand cancellation looks so much more beautiful
Technically, as I understand it, you are supposed to put the "extra ounce" stamp on anything you mark hand cancel. Truth be told, doing that will not always do the trick. I've seen numerous pieces of my art mail STILL run through the machine. The only way to truly get the hand cancel is to walk it up to the window and have it cancelled by a human. I find that if you explain it's ART, they do it happily! And like Mel said, it's so much more attractive to see that cancellation!
Old 08-14-2017, 01:20 AM
arts and crafts supplies junkie

My Mood:
nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!nightowl_too should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 516/100%
I agree about the hand cancellations being so lovely (unless they simply take a sharpie and x over the stamp )

And regarding the movie Amelie....be aware that it is French and so is in French with English subtitles (not sure if there is a dubbed version). Some care, some don't...just an FYI.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:24 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 638/100%
That kid and his dolls are awesome! Great share vikinglady
Old 08-14-2017, 08:26 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 638/100%
TriLov your envie has gone postal today!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:29 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Cool kid! He sounds so mature...but spoken in his kid voice. It's interesting to hear about what a young'in wants to do when they are an adult.

*I'd rather have subtitles...other wise it's like a kung fu movie with the lips moving out of sync!
A Mynah Production blog
Old 08-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
Hello Addicts! Just thought you might like to see this story about painted rocks. It's much like what Neener is doing in her home town.

Ohio Rocks
A Mynah Production blog
Old 08-14-2017, 09:58 AM
it is what it is

My Mood:
notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!notinkansas should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1191/100%
That's my group!
Old 08-14-2017, 12:51 PM
Slowly trying to get back into trading.....

My Mood:
TriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobahTriLov is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 219/100%
Awesome!
Yours is going out today as well!

Originally Posted by Miss M View Post
TriLov your envie has gone postal today!
Old 08-14-2017, 01:04 PM
Cat Lady in Training

My Mood:
Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 213/100%
dmnh, I LOVE that two kids of that age were interested in your collection. I think kids that are exposed to art of varying types and from diverse people tend to want to make art themselves. I know seeing female artists had that effect on me (and some friends) when I was young.

Vlady simply awesome kid, thank you for sharing!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:38 PM
visual poet

My Mood:
dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!dmnh should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 922/100%
I agree about the kid and his dolls....that boy is going places in the art world. His dolls are phenomenal!

Love the painted rocks as well. Such a cool idea to spread some joy!

I got all my things entered in the fair earlier today. I had to make a few adjustments to what would be entered but four things are now at the fair grounds. The fish picture I was going to enter didn't get entered because I couldn't put a wire on the back of it for hanging. That is one of the requirements. I didn't think it through too well. Not to worry though, I entered the last one I finished instead of the newest one.

Today will be spent on yucky housework. Someone needs to do those dishes and I don't see anyone but me getting it done! Ma usually comes along to help me with the dishes but she's got the hives at the moment and she's not going anywhere she says. No clue what gave her the hives but she's rather miserable with all the itching. She's been to see the doctor and he's given her some cream to help with the itching. Hopefully she will be itch free in a few days time. The dishes cannot wait till she's better though so I will have to spend the rest of the day doing something about them. It will take most of the day to get a couple of sink loads done as I can't stand there for long, washing dishes.

Happy Monday everyone!
“Don’t worry about whether or not what you’re making is great art, just finish the work. Let other people argue about whether or not it’s any good. While they’re busy arguing, make more art.” Andy Warhol

Be good to one another. It matters!
Old 08-14-2017, 02:45 PM
Cat Lady in Training

My Mood:
Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)Wysteriavine is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 213/100%
I needed to update after my last post, sorry for the delay! We didn't leave Saturday night because I was too exhausted to drive safely after antiques roadshow. It was 4+ hours of standing on concrete. While it was fun and the people were gracious and lovely to talk to it was still exhausting.

We made it to collage! I got a few things but I had to be really careful because we had a limited budget. I was able to get some fun things. I missed out on the art-o-mat because I needed to get back for dinner.

)

This is a pic of the things I got at Paper Source AND Collage. You can see the skull paper in the background. I also got these beautiful note cards that are botanical posters, a watercolor fieldbook, a collapsible water pot (the thing with the wavy edges), a gold signo pen, printing inks in gold, copper, and ink retarder, pink washi tape, and a few more micron pens. Also, my husband grabbed some stickers for my nephew who loves the poo emoji. Whew!

I noticed that my partner got my last months' envie here that is the front is on the left and the back is on the right -

Finally, we got to go to a farmers market in Portland where I bought supplies for making pickles. That's my plan for the day today since it's cooled down.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:59 PM
Don't mess with my tutu.

nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!nanner should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Originally Posted by notinkansas View Post
That's my group!
That literally ROCKS!
Old 08-14-2017, 08:01 PM
Don't mess with my tutu.

Great art, Wysteria! And nice stash from Paper Source. My niece/nephew are into the poop emoji thing, too. They even handmade a stuffie of it. Cute and gross at the same time!

Tags
#fossildinopoop, #thankyouforthankingme, #thekindnessrocksproject, weirdy is as weirdy does, weirdy makes sense