Postage Stamps Weaving ATC swap 2.0 Due Sept 1

Daphne75

ATC Virtuoso
Media
Swap Due Date – Sept 1
Signup/ Withdraw Date – anytime, just communicate
Number of ATCs - 3:3
Number of participants: 30 (as this is my third swap)
Technique: Collage

Postage Stamps Weaving ATC swap 2.0

As promised and because many of you were so excited about this idea and didn’t get to play yet I’m hosting another “Postage Stamp Weaving” swap. This time I’d really like you all to try the Cutting and Weaving technique because the results are so fascinating, surprising and amazing!

Cutting and weaving:
This way of stamp-weaving is to cut into one stamp, lifting up the cut bit up and glueing another stamp underneath. This way you can have an item from one stamp go and visit another on a different stamp and have them tell a story together. For an example of this technique check out my card called “Curious” here: http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=484271.

Overlapping:
This is a little easier to do, but can still be challenging. Glue a stamp on your background but leave a bit up. This way you can nestle another stamp underneath. I use a glue stick for this technique because it allows you some playing time. Build your card up this way with interesting/colorful stamps. You can have a stamp glued down and decide later that you’d like something underneath, then you can peal the glued down stamp back up and tuck the other under. I usually do re-apply some glue to the pulled up bit to ensure it will stick down again nicely. Here’s an example of overlapping postage stamps: “Under and Over” http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/index.php?n=496738

The ATC’s for this swap:
For this swap let the postage stamps be the hero and main focus! You can use one or both of the techniques as explained above. I encourage you to make an interesting background any way you like to add some “depth” to your card but let the stamps be the stars. You’ll need several used postage stamps for this swap. No other embellishments, it’s all about the stamps. If you can, try to tell a little story with the stamps you chose. If you want you can finish the card with varnish/seal. Some black (permanent) ink around the edges finishes a card nicely because it usually ties in with the postal marks on the stamps as they are usually black aswell.

Rules ’n stuff, please read carefully:
• On the back of each card: Swap name, your AFA User Name, your location and the creation date.
• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.
• Make sturdy cards in the regular ATC size please.
• A hostess card is not necessary, but will be treasured for sure.
• Life happens, if you need to withdraw please communicate. Perhaps someone else can still take your spot. If there is no withdrawal notification or no cards sent, I will have to leave a neutral iTrader.
• PM me if you need my address when you are ready to mail your cards. If you have my address, it’s still the same, I have not moved nor am I planning to in the near future.
• Please secure and package your cards well. Remember they (probably) have a long way to travel.
• Please send a large address label with your address clearly written on it. No need to send envelopes.
• If you can, please add one or two well concealed US $$ or one or two International Forever usable Postage stamps.
• Players from The Netherlands: Please add as many usable postage stamps as it takes to send your cards to me.

Join the fun !
I hope you will take up this challenge (again) and join my third swap. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. I am looking forward to seeing your creations. It would be awesome if you could post photos of or links to your art for this swap in this thread. We all love some eye candy for inspiration!

The lovely participants are….. *drumroll*
Your name in this color means cards received

1 RaineyDay (NC USA)
2 janetmachek (SC USA)
3 catladybj
4 Suzi ((PA USA)
5 BluSkyHare (MA USA)
6 electricdesigner (UK)
7 mwilding (NV USA)
8 xela7072 (NY USA)
9 KKporcupine (VA USA)
10 me :) (The Netherlands)
11 CesariaB (The Netherlands)
12 NancyL (OR USA)
13 ann_stebbing (France)
14 dithespy (France)
15 mrubyjean (MA USA)
16 waffle (GA USA)
17 TrailRider (WI USA)
19 Betsyg (IA USA)
20 Spinnbabul (Germany)
21 Laffqueen (CT USA)
22 plumhill2001 (MN USA)
23 AmiSi (NW USA)
24 ChronicReader (WA USA)
25 Valentina22 (MO USA)
26 taniahodges2 (CANADA)
27 BalloonLady (TX USA)
28 Cleopatra (CA USA)
29 Bluevioletz (FL USA)
30 Cindylou (MO USA)

Waiting list

Withdrawn:

(Mamashawn2)
(CynthiaSillitoe)
(CastleQueen5)
(TrinaLD)
(Amapola)
(Donnacr)

Last edited:
September 1. I can make that deadline. I'm going away for a month for an arts immersion program.

Thank you for the invite and for hosting this again.

Please sign me up!

September 1. I can make that deadline. I'm going away for a month for an arts immersion program.

Thank you for the invite and for hosting this again.

Please sign me up!

Wait so when you are done can you speak "art" like a Spanish immersion program. I did that once, I dreamed in Spanish after awhile. I am so jealous. I bet you can speak and dream art when you are done. You must pass on your wisdom when you are done.

I googled Art immersion classes. Then narrowed it down to California, where trina lives, and then I did Arizona. Then I thought I could do something new this summer. There are art classes for free at the same place I take zumba. But I could also go to art school and learn new things on youtube. If I would set aside some me time.

I could immerse myself in some new ideas for my art.

Free art classes..... *drool*

Wish we had those here.... there is a new building here called Brede school which translates as broad school where you can follow art classes but its definately not free *coughexpensive!cough*

Welcome everyone !! Oooh I'm curious how many players we'll get *jumps Up and down excited in her seat*

Back
Top Bottom