ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 10-09-2017, 12:22 AM
inspired

ChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fameChronicReader is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 82/100%
kitties! I love cats...
Old 10-09-2017, 08:17 AM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
Meow!!!
Old 10-09-2017, 09:29 AM
creating daily soothes the soul

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 266/100%
I think I'd like to join. I was inspired by the videos (I'd actually seen the Jane Devenport one sometime ago and want to make one). So, I made a zine this morning but it turned out more like a journal with large, lined areas for someone to write in and art in the corners.
Should I write in the zine or add poetry, more art, etc., or let the receiver make it about them?
Also, I get that we make 3 copies, cut and pre-fold, but how do we let the receiver know which page is front, back, 3, 4, etc?
Old 10-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Lost in space

My Mood:
Photopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 99/100%
I'm with blue sky hare. I have one started but have blank sections I'm not sure what to do with. So, i could leave them for receiver to journal or doodle. Still sitting on this.
I do need to watch the send in date before I commit though...

My Gift Store
Old 10-12-2017, 08:11 AM

My Mood:
BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)BluSkyHare is an ATC god(ess)
I think my main question is "I get that we make 3 copies, cut and pre-fold, but how do we let the receiver know which page is front, back, 3, 4, etc?"
Does anyone have an answer?
Old 10-12-2017, 10:31 AM
Rookie

fairydust is a friendly and kind soulfairydust is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 8/100%
Hi BluSkyHare, although I sent mine already folded like a book, I think if you just pre-fold the zines the receiver will be able to fold it up the right way since the folds will be in the correct direction. Also, the back of the zine should have our information on it like our name, the name of the swap and such. You might try prefolding it first to see how easy it is to assemble. It was easier for me to just send them folded up as a zine and ready to read. Hope that helps.

Last edited by fairydust; 10-12-2017 at 10:33 AM.
Old 10-12-2017, 02:36 PM

My Mood:
Originally Posted by fairydust View Post
Hi BluSkyHare, although I sent mine already folded like a book, I think if you just pre-fold the zines the receiver will be able to fold it up the right way since the folds will be in the correct direction. Also, the back of the zine should have our information on it like our name, the name of the swap and such. You might try prefolding it first to see how easy it is to assemble. It was easier for me to just send them folded up as a zine and ready to read. Hope that helps.
Thanks, fairydust! I thought I read somewhere in the instructions that we should mail with only one or two folds so that they would fit in the envelope, and that the maker's info should be on the "blank" side of the paper. I'm probably just overthinking this!
Old 10-12-2017, 04:46 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 226/100%
Originally Posted by BluSkyHare View Post
I think my main question is "I get that we make 3 copies, cut and pre-fold, but how do we let the receiver know which page is front, back, 3, 4, etc?"
Does anyone have an answer?
If your zine is pre-folded, the receiver will know which way to fold it and the front page will be obvious.

Also, your zine will have three double-page spreads that are obviously the middle of the book, so there are only two single pages that could possibly be the front cover. If they try to put the back cover as the front cover, it usually becomes clear that the book doesn't make sense in that order.
Old 10-13-2017, 08:11 AM

My Mood:
Ok, thanks Mesektet. I think I've got it now. I'd like to sign up.
Old 10-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Rookie

fairydust is a friendly and kind soulfairydust is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 8/100%
Blueskyhare, I did pay a little extra for postage since my envelope was a bit bulky. Next time I will try putting them in the envelope a different way. Hope you sign up!
Old 10-13-2017, 12:12 PM
Pastel Painter

My Mood:
CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 456/100%
My zine in the last swap was a travel zine. I used old maps and memorabilia like postage stamps,park passes and stuff from brochures. The zine is in my gallery if anyone wants to see it.
I'm going to try to get my zines for this swap out today. They've been finished for a while but I've not had time to fold and mail. My sisters and I are dealing with a home hospice situation as my 91 yo mother has brain cancer. They are covering today so I can should be able to get them out.
Old 10-14-2017, 12:02 PM
Pastel Painter

My Mood:
CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 456/100%
Mine were mailed this morning. I'm at my Moms house so it will be postmarked from Rhode Island..
Old 10-14-2017, 06:12 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
Welcome, BluSkyHare.

Thanks for letting me know, CherylS. Sorry to hear about your mum =(.
Old 10-16-2017, 12:31 AM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forumsTrinaLD clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 338/100%
Mesektet,

I am very sorry, but life has become quite overwhelmed right now and I must withdraw from the swap at this time. I definitely will join again if you host a round 3.
Old 10-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Rookie

Jaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to allJaxsmom is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 49/100%
I'm really sorry but I'm going to have to withdraw
Old 10-16-2017, 07:49 PM
Newb

SeekingLife is a cherished participant
iTrader Rating: 1/100%
PHEW! Here to get the mailing address as I'm running a bit behind and thought the last day to mail was Oct 17, ahem, still a newby as to how these swap deadlines work. Anywhoo.. glad I double checked, not as late as I thought!
Mailing mine, and used a standard envelope with the zines prefolded, hoping they arrive quicker than last time(took nearly a month!).
Old 10-16-2017, 10:34 PM
Content to Create!

My Mood:
theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1253/100%
i hate to do this but i threw my back out and im unable to do any art right now. i really wanted to give this a try but there is no way for me to get this done and get copies made and mailed by the deadline. so sorry to miss out!
Old 10-17-2017, 03:02 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
Sorry to see you go, theweavershand, Jaxsmom, and TrinaLD. I totally understand about life getting in the way. Hopefully, I'll run another zine swap in the future and you can participate.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 AM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forumsmynameisJenn clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 643/100%
Mesektet, I'm concerned about finishing and mailing on time so unfortunately, I'm going to have to withdraw.

Hope to catch another swap!

Last edited by mynameisJenn; 10-17-2017 at 09:42 AM.
Old 10-18-2017, 08:18 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with allBluesky has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 180/100%
Mailed today