Sugar Skulls Swap - DUE OCTOBER 21

I've noticed a trend around here for kids that's pretty cool, they call it "Trunk or Treat". The adults all gather in a parking lot, like at a school or church, and the kids go from car to car for the candy where everyone can see them.

Jennie- Gee, that sucks! Neighborhood watches can be good, but thieves always have some way around things.
Meg

Our church does that the weekend before. They have carnival games, and popcorn, snow cones, enough for them all to go home with a bag full of candy and a sick stomach.

That's part of why I like Day of the Dead - you get the honoring the ancestors and the celebration of this time of year, but there's no real need to be out and vulnerable in the dark. There are just too many wierdos these days.

Many places online have molds of all sizes to actually make sugar skulls. They're easy to decorate, can last years if made right, and could be a fun new family tradition!
Meg

Did you look at the new Art Trader magazine? I love the day of the dead poly clay skellies.

Well, what a fun mailbox to come home to! Not only a swap I was in, but entries are in from sheala.draws, jennie, and PennyQuilter!

Beautiful work, you three, they're just gorgeous. :)
Meg

Sweetie, I would never turn down your art. Those are lovely! And it's true, I never qualified the skulls as having to be either dead or human. LOL!
Hugs
Meg

Artful Dissaray- they are great. She is strangly beautiful in her mask.

Oh, look! A neat little envelope in my mailbox today, all the way from Slovenija! They're lovely, and thank you for the hostie papers!
Meg

So about how long did that mail take to get to me, do you think? I'm curious. I love getting mail from other parts of the world.
Meg

I think it was about a week. Maybe even a day less. It all depends, I had one set of cards that was for another swap travel around 7 weeks, I think. :) Most of them come in a week to 14 days.

And even more cards from across the waters today... Dipsydoo, thank you for everything, they're all gorgeous!

Then I find some lovely cards from kittythf. I don't think it'll be hard to swap these cards because everyone has made such beautiful things. Seriously, I would pay for sets like the ones I've seen come in.
Meg

Back
Top Bottom