ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:46 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
sillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 95/100%
I would like to join
Old 08-19-2017, 10:10 PM
formerly Decals_gal

My Mood:
Kimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of artKimmie eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 400/100%
Originally Posted by Pabkins View Post
I know you can do it! And hey did you just have a baby!!!? I hope all is well! And you must must join, I will capture you someday.
LOL!!! Nope, not me!! My own "baby-days" are long over! I have a 1 yr. old granddaughter, though, and she's awesome!
Old 08-19-2017, 10:45 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Pabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 87/100%
Adding you now sillylily41, welcome to the fun

Ok my brain is going Kimmie haha
Old 08-20-2017, 01:44 PM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 248/100%
Are these OK.

Would these be suitable? They are a bit simplistic. Don't worry if they are not OK I used Origami paper, so they will do for another swap
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1503251351418-1203194733.jpg (46.1 KB, 51 views)

Last edited by ann_stebbing; 08-20-2017 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-20-2017, 02:49 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Pabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to fame
You've got it Ann! You did great of course hey work. I hope you keep at it as you'll definitely gain more confidence and detail the more you try. Be sure to get my new address before you mail!
Old 08-21-2017, 02:06 PM
Bluevioletz

My Mood:
Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 52/100%
This is definitely perfectly timed for Halloween, because I'm scared of the papercut challenge. But still...willing to take it on and see what happens!
Old 08-21-2017, 03:37 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
I'm so excited you've decided to join bluevioletz!
Old 08-21-2017, 05:23 PM
I make stuff with my hands.

IamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobahIamWhatonearth is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 276/100%
Sign me up!
Old 08-21-2017, 09:37 PM
Newb

RickP is a friendly and kind soulRickP is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 4/100%
I would love a chance to take a swing at this! I've never done anything like this before.
Old 08-21-2017, 09:47 PM
My dining table is my studio! :)

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 221/100%
Please sign me up! This does sound challenging, but I'm all caught up on swaps, so why not? Loving what I'm seeing here!
Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Adding you all now Iamwhatonearth, RickP and plumhill2001 - welcome to the swap!
Old 08-22-2017, 02:49 AM
Rookie

Zongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 27/100%

My first card (and attempt)

Time taken: 4+ hours
Times I cut myself: 3
Times I poked myself: 1
Old 08-22-2017, 06:53 AM
Bluevioletz

My Mood:
Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!Bluevioletz is a delightful artist to behold!
Zongela, that is amazing, love it!
Old 08-22-2017, 06:54 AM
Bluevioletz

My Mood:
Ann_stebing, I think yours are so elegant and lovely too!
Old 08-22-2017, 07:17 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 248/100%
Wow! That's amazing Zongela.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:12 AM

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
4 hours?!?!? Now that's dedication! Beautiful results, though.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:21 AM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Wonderful efforts Zongela!! I love seeing your statistics and so sorry to hear you cut yourself I hope it wasn't bad!!! Don't put your hand behind the path of your blade! I know it's is hard since the opposite hand we are cutting with is our holding the paper in place hand.

I hope all of our cards lure more curious players into taking up the challenge of this swap.
Old 08-22-2017, 09:32 AM
Rookie

Zongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 27/100%
Thank you !! I really tried to make something delicate (and boy was it delicate toward the end)

I have a question for Pabkins though, I see in your examples, is that an exacto knife and a tiny cutting pen type thing? I just wonder what tools you use? If that pen thing is a cutting tool I definitely need to look into getting one
Old 08-22-2017, 10:18 AM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
The small bladed ones are "NT cutter and deleter" brands both can be found on amazon. Here are the links. Looks like the NT cutter is better priced. But I love both. I hate xacto as their blades snap often

NT Cutter Aluminum Die-Cast Holder Cushioned Grip Art Knife, 1 Knife (D-500GP) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005J0XVDE..._NXdNzbD2P5A0K

Deleter Tone Knife with 25 Extra Blades for Screen Tone Cutting in Comic Manga Illustration https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MS0DFU6..._7ZdNzbFRNBMRF
Old 08-22-2017, 11:02 AM

My Mood:
Pabkins, in the video I watched she seems to use regular printer paper. Is that okay as long as we're gluing it to a sturdy card? You recommended thinner paper so our blades don't snap, but in your first post it sounded more like you were saying we should use card stock, which is thicker. Just want to be sure I'm understanding.
Also, can we use a template or should we be doing only our own original art?
Thanks!

Tags
fantasy, papercut, whimsical