ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-22-2017, 11:04 AM
My dining table is my studio! :)

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 220/100%
Those 3-D altered books on Pinterest are AWESOME!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:19 AM
ATC Novice

zhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobahzhouzhou is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 235/100%
I used to do stuff like this but, alas, my arthritis prevents too much fine work these days! I will lurk to see all the pretties, though!
Old 08-22-2017, 11:55 AM
Rookie

CesariaB is a valued memberCesariaB is a valued memberCesariaB is a valued member
iTrader Rating: 11/100%
This is very interesting. I'm going to try this before I'm signing up, because it looks like one of those things that's really hard for me.
Old 08-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Rookie

Zongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fameZongela is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 27/100%
I used cheap construction paper for the paper cutting part on mine, which worked well for cutting as its very thin and doesnt take much pressure at all to cut. Then I used a glue stick on a regular Canson Watercolor 140lb paper cards that I have and glued it on there once I finished

Getting back to the cheap construction paper..I did notice very thin places might snap apart. There was a bit of foilage on my card that I had to keep out because of repeated tears. Im thinking of the next card to glue 2 sheets of construction paper together and trying that for a little more sturdiness

Last edited by Zongela; 08-22-2017 at 03:43 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 PM

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
I did finally remember that I have some mixed-media paper that I mainly let my granddaughters use for their messy painting. That should work!
Old 08-22-2017, 10:27 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!angelmuz is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 1100/100%
This is so very cool! I really want to try. Please sign me up
Old 08-23-2017, 12:11 AM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Pabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to fame
iTrader Rating: 87/100%
Hi plumhill, I personally Rilke canson mixed media paper it's slightly thicker then printer paper. Printer paper is much easier to cut thru but if/when you glue it down you would provably need spray adhesive instead of liquid glue because you notice it will go wavy and look yucky if you use liquid glue. try gluing a random scrap and you'll see what I mean. So if you go with printer paper I recommend get some adhesive spray. Even a glue stick might go wavy.

Try a few paper and use whichever you like best that's what I did.

As for your question about templates, this is for original art so the design should still be your own. I'll bet you come up with something great!
Old 08-23-2017, 07:17 PM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
sillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoastsillylily41 is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 95/100%
I need to drop out of this swap
Old 08-23-2017, 07:18 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Pabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to famePabkins is on the road to fame
Ok sillylily I'll take your name off the list. Thanks for your interest.
Old 08-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Newb

RickP is a friendly and kind soulRickP is a friendly and kind soul
iTrader Rating: 4/100%
Wow! That is intricate, beautiful and a fabulous job!
Old 08-26-2017, 04:25 AM
Always inspired by colour.

My Mood:
ann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them allann_stebbing is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 245/100%
I used Origami paper. It was easy to cut. I used spray adhesive to stick to cards.
Old 08-28-2017, 11:32 AM

My Mood:
Pabkins, my cards are ready. Could I please have your address? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCF2901.jpg (49.0 KB, 39 views)
Old 08-28-2017, 12:25 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
They look wonderful plumhill! I responded to your private message with my mailing address. I look forward to seeing them.
Old 08-28-2017, 12:30 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
I'm so sad you can't join us zhouzhou but glad you'll be lurking to see the cards! Such wonderful ones already.

Plumhill yes aren't those books the coolest!? I hope I can try my hand at more layered colored paper illustrations in the future. I tried them years ago but haven't again yet as I've been in love with doing the silhouette style ones.

Zongela - yes that thin printer paper I personally think isn't to my liking hence the slightly thicker XL Canson mixed media paper that I had laying around was literally PERFECT thickness. It was still so thin that cutting wasn't difficult but a perfect thickness that cutting still kept the detail without tearing.

Ann_stebbing - that is such a great idea with the origami paper Ann! I can't wait to see them in person

Angelmuz - I'm adding you to the list if I haven't already! welcome welcome so excited to see what you make

CesariaB - I hope you love giving it a try and decide to join!

You know what else is good paper I just found that probably all of you have laying around!? Sketchbook paper! Because most sketchbooks paper is thin but still thicker then printer paper! Try that if you haven't already. I compared it's thickness to the mixed media stuff I have and all my sketchbooks were a slight bit thinner but still felt so much sturdier then printer paper. I hope that helps!

Last edited by Pabkins; 08-28-2017 at 12:36 PM.
Old 08-28-2017, 05:48 PM

My Mood:
Mine are officially in the mail!
Old 08-28-2017, 07:11 PM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 332/100%
Please add me to your swap. I really want to do some of this!
Old 08-28-2017, 08:36 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Of course Trina ! Welcome to the swap
Old 08-29-2017, 11:59 AM
ATC Zentangler

My Mood:
yonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant futureyonawrites has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 147/100%
Gorgeous examples! Please add me to the swap...I'd like to take a try.

Thanks for the sketchbook paper tip...I think that will work well!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:01 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
Welcome to the swap yonawrites, I'll get you added now!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:03 PM
The Art Machine

My Mood:
ann_stebbing your set has arrived safely and I'm off to leave your itrader now - thanks so much for the hostie!

Tags
fantasy, papercut, whimsical