Challenge: Mixed Media Zentangle ATCs - Due June 1

Cat's Cradle

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date - June 1
Signups till full
Withdrawal Date - none, but communicate!
Number of Cards - 3 for 3
Number of participants - 35
Media - HD/HP Mixed Media
Theme - Open

Hand Drawn/Hand Painted Mixed Media Zentangle ATC Challenge!
The challenge rules: Cards not meeting ALL the challenge criteria will be returned unswapped.

• (required) Watercolor background - can be wet color, pencils, or palette paints, but it must be watercolor paints of some type. You choose your color intensity. Due to the need for water, it is suggested that you paint or color your background before adding your stamp and tangle patterns.
  • (required) Rubber stamped image - any color ink, but it needs to show over your background. Choose a stamp with largish open spaces. Staz-On pigment ink is recommended for this step.
  • (required) Zentangle patterns - fill in your rubber stamped image with ZT patterns. A good source for patterns is Tangle Patterns. Leave your background space behind your stamped image free of patterns. Use a good quality artist's pen, like PITT, Micron, or ZIG Millennium, in any color.
  • (required) Gel pens and shading - Use both gel and pencils (colored and/or graphite) to add depth to your piece. White gel pens are great for highlights, and pencils add wonderful shadow. A blending stump is recommended smoothing graphite shadows.

Important Stuff
All cards should be the standard size: 2.5” x 3.5”.
All cards should be sent in plastic sleeves.
All cards must be original, and each card must be different. Please do not make copies, submit prints, or make three virtually identical cards.
Show off your talents. Send work that took time and care.

Mailing & Postage
When you're ready to mail, please PM me for my address.
Make sure your name, user name, location, and the swap name appear on the backs of all ATCs.
US Participants, include a self addressed business size (the LONG ones) envelope, with enough LOOSE postage to cover the mailing of your cards.
International participants, please send a large label and postage.
Please mail your cards early so they arrive on time.

Players
When you receive your cards for the swap, remember to leave iTrader for the Host (me) and Rep Points for the people you received cards from!

Questions? Just ask!
cards recieved

Tanglers (click to leave Rep Points)
0. Cat's Cradle
1. Phoenix
2. LaDonna - rec
3. Maineatc - rec
4. mariloupatch - rec
5. Jewels - rec
6. lacemuse - rec
7. HGoodbrad - rec
8. lilywaters ???
9. Sassynebrasky - rec
10. son_in_aquarius - rec
11. ASchaum - rec
12. MarcieLee - rec
13. sarat ???
14. rebecca410 - rec
15. alanabannana - rec
16. Connie Powell
17. DenaCottrell - rec
18. MamaMallino ???
19. Chamele - rec
20. tjs
21. mrubyjean - rec
22. Donnacr - rec
23. MelanieS - rec
24. Leslie 52 - rec
25. DD'Orr - rec
26. kristib - rec
27. sassy - rec
28. Ibus - rec

Last edited:
Welcome LaDonna!

I just ordered a couple of stamps that will work well for this swap. One is a bug sitting on, and eating, a cupcake and the other is a snowman. Both have large open spaces that will be easy to add tangles.

Due to the need for water, it is suggested that you paint or color your background before adding your stamp and tangle patterns.

Hi Cat, me please.
I am traveling a lot the coming months, and a zentagle kit is easy to take
as hand luggage. Love your idea of water colour background!

lordy, i'm not sure of half of the required media but i think i'd learn a lot. will you take a chance on an art traveller at a fork in the road?

I can sign you up, and then if you decide it's too much for you, just let me know.

It is a lot, but that's why it's a challenge. :yes:

A clarification on the requirements. You CAN use the same stamp to make all your cards.

If you don't have more than one stamp with big enough spaces to doodle, don't feel that you have to go out and buy more. Just don't make the cards look the same.

You can also use the same stamp multiple times on the same card. My snowman stamp came in yesterday and is a bit smaller than I expected, so he'll have a friend on the card with him.

Back
Top Bottom