ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 09-08-2017, 11:30 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 224/100%
Zines (Take Two) - Open Media Swap - Due November 17

Swap Due Date: November 17
Signup/Withdraw Date: October 27
Number of Zines: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 30
Media: Open

Zines (Take Two) Swap

I hosted a zine swap like this recently and people were so happy with it, that I thought I’d start another one.

I’ve seen a few videos around lately of people making zines. For those who don’t know what a ‘zine’ is, it is a mini magazine that can easily be reproduced and therefore, I thought it would be a fun thing to swap.

For this swap, you will make one original zine. This is an open theme swap, so your zine can feature whatever you would like. It might be filled with quotes, things about your life, sketches, journal spaces, anything. Please keep in mind that other people will be receiving these zines, so try not to depict anything that could be offensive or upsetting for people.

You will then create three photocopies of your zine. This may require some playing around with photocopier settings to try and match the quality and colours of the original zine. Alternatively, you might take it to a store to get it professionally photocopied.

The photocopied zines are what you will send in to be swapped. Make sure to cut and fold your zines, so they are ready to be constructed by the person who received them.

If you need some inspiration or instructions on how to construct them, click here to see how Ali Brown and James Burke make their Zines.

Rules
- Zines should be constructed from an A4 or Letter sized piece of paper.
- Put your information on the back side of the zine (the blank side of the paper). It would also be good to include information if you’ve used stamps, collaged pieces etc. of other artists' work.
- Zines must be sent at least three weeks before the due date. I am in Australia, so this is how long it will take for international mail to arrive. Late zines will be returned at your expense.
- If you need to withdraw, that is completely fine, just let me know. Because it is a limited participant swap, there may be other people who want to take your place.
- No zines and no communication may result in neutral iTrader.

Postage (Australian)
Please include a SASE or a large address label and stamps to the value your cards took to mail to me.

Postage (International)
Please include a large address label and $2 US cash. I can also accept PayPal or US stamps. I will provide envelopes.

Other Info
Please message me for my address when you are ready to mail and post to the thread when you send your zines. If you already have my address, it has not changed.

For those mailing internationally, I have found that business size envelopes seem to arrive quicker. The large flat envelopes tend to take more time to arrive, so I would suggest not sending in those if you are concerned about mailing times.

When you receive your returns, please leave iTrader for me and rep points for the artists.

Players’ List
  1. CherylS
  2. TrinaLD
  3. theweavershand
  4. Bluesky
  5. SeekingLife
  6. mynameisJenn
  7. fairydust
  8. redplantlady
  9. Jaxsmom
  10. whisperingnan
  11. Mamashawn2
  12. livia
  13. ChronicReader

Last edited by Mesektet; 09-18-2017 at 07:15 PM.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:25 PM
Pastel Painter

My Mood:
CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!CherylS should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 456/100%
Please sign me up!
Old 09-09-2017, 08:13 PM
ATC Guru

TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!TrinaLD is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 332/100%
Yes, please sign me up. I loved these!
Old 09-10-2017, 03:08 AM
Content to Create!

My Mood:
theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!theweavershand should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1250/100%
I'd like to give these a try this time. sign me up please!
Old 09-10-2017, 05:25 AM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 170/100%
I'm in.
Old 09-10-2017, 09:08 AM
Newb

SeekingLife is a cherished participant
iTrader Rating: 1/100%
Yes! Count me in please.
Old 09-10-2017, 11:35 AM
cut and paste

My Mood:
mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!mynameisJenn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 640/100%
Oh yes! Please sign me up
Old 09-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Rookie

fairydust is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 3/100%
This looks like fun! I'd like to join! Please pm me your address.
Old 09-10-2017, 01:27 PM
“Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso

My Mood:
redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)redplantlady is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 281/100%
me please
and facebook - https://www.facebook.com/shirley.bell.7528
Old 09-10-2017, 05:26 PM
Rookie

Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!Jaxsmom is a glorious beacon of light!
iTrader Rating: 35/100%
Yes please sign me up loved the last lot I received
Old 09-10-2017, 09:36 PM
Keep it simple!

whisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobahwhisperingnan is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 119/100%
Yes please
Old 09-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Lost in space

My Mood:
Photopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobahPhotopam is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 98/100%
Put me on the lurking couch for now. Hope to get some art time next month! Thanks.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:19 AM
Mail Art Addict

My Mood:
kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!kwailin777 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 571/100%
Lurking!
A Mynah Production blog
Old 09-11-2017, 09:45 AM
ATC Virtuoso

My Mood:
daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)daisies is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 160/100%
May I lurk. Still finishing up Hallowwen!!
Old 09-11-2017, 04:32 PM
Newb

Mamashawn2 is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 1/100%
I had so much fun last time, I'd like to play again.
Old 09-11-2017, 04:59 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Mesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoastMesektet is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
Welcome everyone! So happy to see that lots of people want to play again.

And welcome lurkers! I totally understand not having as much time as you'd like and these are a bit more time-consuming. Hope you get a chance to play.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:29 PM
Rookie

fairydust is a welcomed newbie
iTrader Rating: 3/100%
Dear Mesektet, I am unclear about this quote from your instructions, "Make sure to cut and fold your zines, so they are ready to be constructed by the person who received them."

Is it okay to have our zines folded up like a little book when we send them to you? Otherwise I am not certain about your instruction and how fit them in the envelope if they are not already folded into "Zine" or book. This is my first "zine" swap.

Having fun. I have two pages made so far; but the whole zine is planned out.
Thank you.

Last edited by fairydust; 09-12-2017 at 01:36 PM.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:30 AM
Rookie

My Mood:
Originally Posted by fairydust View Post
Dear Mesektet, I am unclear about this quote from your instructions, "Make sure to cut and fold your zines, so they are ready to be constructed by the person who received them."

Is it okay to have our zines folded up like a little book when we send them to you? Otherwise I am not certain about your instruction and how fit them in the envelope if they are not already folded into "Zine" or book. This is my first "zine" swap.

Having fun. I have two pages made so far; but the whole zine is planned out.
Thank you.
Good question. I mailed them from Australia as fully constructed zines and it didn't seem to be a problem last time (at least no one mentioned anything). Some people sent them in large flat envelopes last time, but I did find that those envelopes took longer to get to me. You could also fold them in half and send them like that in a normal business envelope.

Last time I had people send them flat, people send them half-folded and people send them folded as booklets and they all arrived safely, so whatever is easiest/cheapest for you should be fine. Just make sure that they are pre-cut and folded even if you are sending them flat.
Old 09-13-2017, 08:30 AM
ATC Virtuoso

livia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobahlivia is a grand poobah
iTrader Rating: 324/100%
Sign me up
Old 09-13-2017, 03:40 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
Welcome, livia!