ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2017, 11:29 PM
Be inspiring ... be kind ...

My Mood:
jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1078/100%
I'm going to try with the laptop ... we'll see if the printer will play nice.
Old 02-14-2017, 11:50 PM
Nevertheless, she persisted.

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
iTrader Rating: 1412/100%
Willing the printer to play nice.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."
My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...
Old 02-15-2017, 05:48 AM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
mlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 87/100%
The boxes should be 4"x6", so there must have been shrinkage somewhere. But bigger is always better, I think..
Old 02-15-2017, 03:17 PM
We are all artists at heart.

My Mood:
jfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 235/100%
Ok good to know on the sizing. Mine printed too small but I also didn't change my settings on my printer, which may fix the problem. I think having different sized ones actually would be cool.

It's another beautiful day!
Old 02-15-2017, 07:19 PM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
mlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoastmlydon is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
I inherited a Silhouette stencil cutter when my sister upgraded. The plan was to cut a few stencils of the crows. Generally, I would use vellum, kind of thick, for stencils. But I'm not married to the idea of vellum, if anyone has a suggestion? What are your stencils made of? Acetate? I'm a little out of touch.. I only use it to cut vinyl for T-shirts. I'd love to learn more.
Old 02-15-2017, 10:54 PM

My Mood:
HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!HHC didn't even know rep points went up this high!
You can cut your own designed stencils with a machine? Be still my heart!

I use a heavy acetate for my stencils, which I hand cut with an Xacto knife or use my Big Shot and a die. I've not used vellum as a stencil myself.

Old 02-16-2017, 12:55 AM
never enough time for art!

beth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them allbeth is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 201/100%
I'm still sad I'm basically missing the whole thing but I'm pretty excited about starting Color of Woman. My plane lands in Seattle at 9:30pm on Sunday 3/5 and I'll be to the hotel as quick as I can. I'm staying all day Monday - I know Cynthia is going to be there to keep me company. Is anyone else going to be around on Monday, at least for breakfast?

Hope to see some of you soon!
Old 02-16-2017, 12:40 PM

My Mood:
I'm sad you won't be there, Beth.
I'll be around for breakfast, but not too much longer. I have to be home early afternoon.

Old 02-16-2017, 04:27 PM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
Beth! I was going to email you to find out why you weren't on the list! I should be around Monday morning, too. I'm meeting my friend and hanging out for the day, but probably not until 11, or so. I'm flying home Tuesday. I would love to hang out, if possible!

And Helen, I'll see if I can find some acetate. When my sister gave me the machine, I cut a ton of stencils to add airbrushed temporary tattoos to my caricature booth at festivals, etc. Little kids are SO funny when it comes to tattoos! And, I have basically zero experience with little kids besides when I was one - but the little girls that wanted bad ass images on their teeny upper arms cracked me up! Unforgettable.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:09 AM

My Mood:
Michelle, use whatever you have! No need to go buy something new.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:58 AM
I choose to create, but not procreate.

My Mood:
Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!Rogue Gal should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1502/100%
Originally Posted by mlydon View Post
My suggestion is make them any size you want! I think the variety will only make it more fun. Also, I like the idea of jazzing up the backs with collage, or whatever. I might hang mine as a mobile..
Great suggestion, mlydon - I like the idea of a variety of crow sizes

I'm bummed that we're going to miss each other, Beth! Hopefully we'll get another chance soon.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:35 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1389/100%
Originally Posted by HHC View Post
Michelle, use whatever you have! No need to go buy something new.
Unless you want to. I know, I'm often like, "Oh, shoot. I'm going to have to buy art stuff.....well, if I have to......"

The thing about little girls wanting bad ass tattoos made me smile. They're the future generation of AmyFaeries.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:40 PM
We are all artists at heart.

My Mood:
jfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them alljfaskdown is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 235/100%
I have a (very) bad habit of stopping to pick up craft items on the way home from work because it's more convenient than heading back out on the weekend. I just need ONE item. Of course the problem is: there are two Joannes, two Michaels, a couple of Targets, two Hobby Lobbys, a couple of Goodwills.

Guess what? I usually come home with multiple items.

It's another beautiful day!
Old 02-17-2017, 10:41 PM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
Fortunately, or not, I have zero time to shop until way after the stores are closed. Smile Amazon it is, most of the time, for random art supply needs. Plus, the art supply stores around here are boutique-style. Three times the average price, minimum. And yes, Michael's...dangerous. But I have a coupon!! I am ridiculous when they have those blowout sales, even if there's a slight trek involved. Three for $1 liquid acrylics?! I'm the bane of weary cashiers, rolling up with my 150 bottles..and an additional 20% off? Yup.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:10 PM

My Mood:
Michelle, I can bring you a couple of heavier acetate sheets to play with when you go home.

Old 02-18-2017, 03:53 PM
addicted to art supplies

My Mood:
Cool! Thank you!

I just printed out the crow sheets, and they came out the same way - a little too small. I cut them up and copied them individually, with an enlargement setting of 150%. Now they're 5" by 7.5" A much better size for me. Gives me a little more play space..
Old 02-18-2017, 06:55 PM

My Mood:
Well clever! I edited them to separate images in a photo software program, and then increased them to about 5.25 x 3.75ish. I like the larger size so will do that also.

BTW, do you realize 2 weeks from NOW we'll be creating together? I'm SO EXCITED to see you all, you have no idea! I need this desperately!

Old 02-19-2017, 05:23 AM
ATC Novice

My Mood:
violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!violet is a delightful artist to behold!
iTrader Rating: 10/100%
6 x 6 Northwest

If you are looking for an art charity for the 6x 6 panels, the Shoreline-Lake Forest Park Arts Council does an event called 6 x 6 Northwest every year, where they sell only 6 x 6" pieces of art to raise $$. Here's the link:
http://www.shorelinearts.net/6x6nw/.

Just a thought! I am hoping to make if for a day this time. There are some schedule changes beyond my control , , ,

Originally Posted by HHC View Post
Yo! I have this great deal on 6x6 inch birch panels. If I provide one for everyone attending, would folks be up for doing a weekend long project for some purpose yet to be named? Maybe just for ourselves and we can have a show to display on Sunday evening? Have an online show for some charity to be named? Hmmmm...

I don't know. Just thinking out loud. I may get the panels anyway and figure it out later.

But I do want your opinions, please.
Old 02-19-2017, 01:43 PM

My Mood:
Violet, let me know as soon as possible if you can make it, so I can verify the table set up.

Also, the deal I had on 6x6 panels sold out before I bought them. I'm getting some other panels that should work instead.

If someone wanted to take on a charity, that's cool. I do not have the energy to do more than I am doing right now.

Last edited by HHC; 02-19-2017 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-25-2017, 02:06 PM

My Mood:
Hello everyone. I'm just wondering when everyone is arriving.

I plan to be there sometime Thursday late afternoon or early evening, depending on how organized I can be. I'm not sure if we can do our set up that evening or first thing in the morning yet...

I haven't heard back from the hotel, so am presuming my set up will work and each of us will have a table to ourselves.

Last edited by HHC; 02-25-2017 at 06:29 PM. Reason: typos!
Closed Thread

Tags
northwest afa, pacific northwest afa, seartle