ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:25 AM
Hand Torn Paper Pet Portrait Artist

RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1141/100%
OCT INCHIE-A-THON (Official Thread) Oct 13-16th

OCTOBER INCHIE A-Thon Official Thread

SO HAPPY YOU CAME TO PLAY!

Start time (in your time zone) 12:01 am (midnight) on Thursday Morning (But it really feels like Wednesday Night at Midnight…same thing.) October 13, 2011, and end time (in your time zone) 11:59 pm (midnight) Sunday October 16th , 2011

Your Host for this weekend is RobbyGirl

This weekend we will create:
1) INCHIES 1"X1” Mail Art. In any medium: collaging, sewing, painting, drawing, digital altering, photographs, metal work, beading, sculpting, using postage stamps, creating Found Poetry... you name but all in a 1” space!

2) Post your Awesome Creations here in the thread and to the A-Thon Gallery to share with the group.

3) Trade art –if you want to or just share your creations in a post. (just a general fyi, Typically they are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you can trade inchies anyway that you agree upon with the other party.

4) Chat (if you can only stop in to admire the art and chat sometimes, that’s absolutely okay!)

5) Have awesome, ridiculous amounts of FUN!

OPTIONAL CHALLENGES/THEMES FOR THE WEEKEND:

Thursday – Halloween and Fall Themed Inchies

Friday - Inchies with Text

Saturday – Inchie Books/Microbooks (**** how to below) and Circus Inchies

Sunday – People Inchies and Bird Inchies

****Inchie/Microbooks How Too:

1. Create 3 sturdy inchies.
2. Do both Sides!
3. Punch 2 small holes (Left side or top) with a crop o dile or a strong punching needle.
4. Bind inchies with jewelry jump rings. Be sure to close them completely!
5. You won't have room to write on or label your inchies so place them in an atc sleeve that has your artist identification information. I have seen some very creative people create tiny, tiny book marks with their info and attach them. Be creative have fun!

Examples:

Step 1

Step 2

Finished Books

Remember this weekend is open to EVERYONE. You do not have to sign up.
Challenges and themes are ENTIRELY optional. Create whatever is speaking to you today.

What is an Inchie (Please be careful with your sizing if you don't have a 1" square Punch)
Inchies are collectible 1 x 1 inches of art in any media from traditional to altered art collage to fabric to polymer clay and so on.

Just a quick note. Typically inchies are traded in groups of 4 or 6 but you are free to make agreed upon trades for any number of inchies as long as both parties are happy. Also after you trade your inchies they should be moved from the A thon gallery to Traded Mail Art (So only available A thon cards are in the a thon gallery.)

Here's the "fine print"

What IS an ART-A-THON?

It’s a marathon create-your-favorite-art weekend, done over the same day and time in each time zone.
It’s kind of like we were all together for the weekend to play with our art supplies and this thread is our play room.

HOW IT WORKS:
start creating art at the designated time, then upload your lovely creations to your gallery and post to the thread. Continue throughout the weekend. Trading and chatting ensues. At 11:59 on Sunday June 5 (your time zone) you’re done creating art… however you may continue to chat and trade as long as you like.

HOW TO ASK FOR A TRADE:
When you find a piece of art or goody bag you must have, please SEND A PERSONAL MESSAGE (pm) to that person asking for a trade. Please DO NOT post requests for trades to the thread. It can get way too confusing.

Note: If you do make a trade, please be sure to send to your trade partner within two weeks. If you’re running late, communicate!

WANT TO COMPLIMENT AN ARTIST: And you will… remember you can click the You Rock button and leave it there.

HOW TO POST YOUR ART TO THE THREAD:
From your atcsforall.com gallery:
It’s easiest to have two windows open. I can create another "tab" and get to my gallery in one and be in my post reply box in the other.
Internet Explorer
1 Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu has “properties” at the bottom.
2) Right click on “properties”, and it will show you Address (URL). Highlight the address/url and copy (Ctrl C).
Then follow steps 3 - 5
Note: Your picture will come up as large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread.

Mozella Firefox and Mac Safari (most versions)
1) Go to the main page of your gallery & right click on the picture you wish to post - this brings up a menu that includes “Copy Image Location” (which is about 2/3 down the list for me)
2) Click on the “Copy Image Location”
Then follow steps 3 - 5

3) Go to your post in the thread and click on the "insert image" button (looks like a postcard)
4) Paste the address (right click, click paste or Ctrl P) into the window that pops up and hit OK - that puts the code into your post for your picture to show up; (you paste the address from the properties box over the http thingy that shows when you open the "insert image" box)
5) Remember that images from the gallery are small, medium or large. Most folks use small or medium in the thread. Find the word small, medium or large (or letters s m l) in the address and change it to size you want.

[IMG]http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gallery/images/400/small/1_Maygar_Posta-traded.jpg [/IMG

(leaving the last bracket off the above so you can see how the address will look)

From your computer:

1. Click POST REPLY at the bottom of the messages screen. Above the message box, click the paperclip next to the smiley face. Then upload as usual. This will upload your picture as a thumbnail.
2. If you go into the Quick Reply box at the bottom of the messages screen, click GO ADVANCED and you will get the paperclip above the message box.

From a flickr or photobucket account:
http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2115

NEW TO A-THONS?
If you have any questions at all, feel free to pm your host, or post your questions to the thread. We have a lot of experienced art-a-thoners who are more than willing to help those of you new to this craziness.
My ETSY Shop***My Blog *** My Twitter *** My Facebook Page

AFA ETSY TEAM

Come check out my hand torn paper creations
I donate $1 to an Animal Rescue Program for every new "Like" I get on myArt Studio Facebook page

Last edited by RobbyGirl; 10-13-2011 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 AM
Things can only get better.....

My Mood:
Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!Evalila should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2120/100%

My NEW Blog
My APC list
Old 10-11-2011, 11:12 AM
Probationary User

My Mood:
Cat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with allCat's Cradle has words of artistic wisdom to share with all
iTrader Rating: 514/98%
Gonna try to play....
Old 10-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1275/100%
I'm getting ready...

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."

My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...
Old 10-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Happy 5th birthday AFA

Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2348/100%
So am I Yahoooo xxx

www.etsy.com/shop/soulbrushart
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 PM
ATC Guru

Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)Charlie Brown is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 275/100%
I can't wait!!
Old 10-11-2011, 08:17 PM
Here there be monsters!

My Mood:
jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!jensaz should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 868/100%
gonna see what I can do
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm thinkin' about it!

My Mood:
lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 72/100%
I have never done an "a-thon" before, but I'm interested in this inchie one. Got my inchie micro books in the mail today and I'm so happy with them. Hope others will be making them too.
Old 10-11-2011, 08:31 PM
I'm thinkin' about it!

My Mood:
lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!lini should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 72/100%
How much prep can one do ahead of time?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:20 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1306/100%
My understanding is cutting them ahead of time is fine. Maybe even backgrounds?
Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1571/100%
Yes - I understand the same thing cutting for collage, backgrounds is OK ahead of time. Nothing should be assembled until the marathon starts.
Old 10-11-2011, 11:48 PM

RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!RobbyGirl should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Originally Posted by KESagers View Post
Yes - I understand the same thing cutting for collage, backgrounds is OK ahead of time. Nothing should be assembled until the marathon starts.
What she said...LOL

Just landed in LA, hopping a plane to Portland now.

AFA ETSY TEAM

I donate $1 to an Animal Rescue Program for every new "Like" I get on myArt Studio Facebook page
Old 10-12-2011, 04:09 AM
Sprinkles McKnob be me name

My Mood:
Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!Donnacr should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1648/100%
I hope to play a lot (and learn how to make Inchie books)
Old 10-12-2011, 06:51 AM
Never enough time for play

My Mood:
alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!alanabannana is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 794/100%
bought a couple of extra international stamps yesterday. Haven't participated in a Athon in a while. Think I'm going to try to fit in some for this.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Que Sera, Sera

My Mood:
GALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forumsGALZART clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 243/100%
I just finished the ones I started for the last Inchie AThon!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:12 AM

I've added a little "How to" for the inchie/microbooks in the first post. I did it pretty quickly so if anyone has questions just ask here in the thread and I'll continue to update the first post!

AFA ETSY TEAM

Old 10-12-2011, 01:02 PM
Crazy 4 Crafts

My Mood:
KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!KESagers should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1571/100%
Thanks for the book instructions! I think I'm going to give them a try. I have a question: How do people feel about mailing the books unbound? I mean have the pages punched and include the jump rings with the trade but I'll do the binding on this end. My local PO is going to make me mail a bound inchie in a padded mailer and with 2 chunky-a-thons on the calendar I'm not sure I can afford all of that postage but if I mail unbound I can send for regular postage. How does everyone feel about that?
Old 10-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Happy 5th birthday AFA

Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!Joss should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2348/100%
I am happy to have them unbound Kirsten, whatever helps with postage!

www.etsy.com/shop/soulbrushart
Old 10-12-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm easy.

AFA ETSY TEAM

Old 10-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Rookie

My Mood:
gingasaurus has a spectacular aura about him/hergingasaurus has a spectacular aura about him/hergingasaurus has a spectacular aura about him/hergingasaurus has a spectacular aura about him/her
iTrader Rating: 23/100%
I'm so disappointed. I got my 1" punch in the mail today just in time and the darn thing punched about a dozen squares before it quit on me. I don't think I have the patience to hand cut 1" squares, too tedious and I never get them perfect. Guess I won't be participating after all
Closed Thread