ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Closed Thread

Old 06-18-2012, 03:01 PM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1275/100%
Talking SeARTle!!! Seattle meet-up April 19-21, 2013

UPDATE 4.2.2013

SeARTle will be held April 19-21, 2013 at the Grove Inn - West Seattle
Address: 3512 SW Alaska Street, Seattle, WA 98126
Phone: 206.937.9920

RESERVING YOUR HOTEL ROOM: Call and say you are part of the "SeARTle" or "Pacific NW Art Group" for the discount rate: $89 (singles), $98 (doubles), $125 (king room, small suites, two beds), $143 (large suites, two beds). There is a 9.5% Seattle sales tax.
Note: Continental Breakfast is included in your room rate. Parking is free.

Facebook SeARTle Event Page: www.facebook.com/events/394750593954409

TENTATIVE SCHEDULE:
Friday April 19:
12:00ish? – Art Room is available for gathering
3:00 (or earlier if we’re lucky) check into your hotel rooms.
5:00 Potluck Dinner at Martha Cohen’s home
After dinner we can stay and play with our art supplies, or head back to the hotel and play with our art supplies in our rooms, or the art room.

Saturday April 20:
6:00 – 10:00 Continental Breakfast at the hotel
10:30 to Midnight – ART ROOM is open!
*Create art, visit, trade, visit, snack, art, visit, have fun…
*Impromptu demos by a few of the artists, including Pam McVay (Shrink Art Dolls and Gelliplate demos... yay!)
*Sharing Art table will be available all weekend. Bring your de-stash stuff to share with other artists!
*Creating and trading of Space Needle and Big Foot art (see link above) all day
*Possible group canvas to work on all day
*Note that meals are on our own. Possible group lunch/and or dinner at place(s) to be determined… or perhaps ordering in pizza or sandwiches from the fabulous deli down the street.

Sunday April 21:
6:00 – 10:00 Continental Breakfast at the hotel
Art Room is open until 6:00, or when everyone has to leave, whichever comes first.

TRADES: Space Needle and Big Foot templates (think odd shaped chunky/arch) are in post 361
NOTE... ALL trade suggestions are optional. Do what you are comfortable doing.
The ONLY "requirement" for the weekend is to bring your gorgeous self and be ready to have a fun time visiting and making art too.

CONFIRMED ATTENDEES:
1. mrubyjean / Martha
2. HHC / Helen
3. Cynthia Sillitoe / Cynthia
4. jaw / Julie
5. LindyLu / Linda
6. Pamitha / Pam
7. NancyL / Nancy
8. Mistiko / Dawn
9. Robby Girl / Robin
10. louisezee / Doreen
11. Robin Crandell / Robin
12. Genxster / Mellanie
13. beth / Beth
14. amyfaerie / Amy
15. akamarti / Marti
16. DRAGONSTARR / Nancy
17. CaryLD / Cary (day tripper)
18. ColorFly / Lauri (day tripper)
19. Shannon Ganshorn - non-member friend of HHC
20. Rogue Gal / Christine
21. Go-Go Gadget Girl / Peggy
22. sasjhwa / Michael
23. Mrs.Alderman / Lyndsey
24. joyflower / Cheryl Ann
25. suezq45 / Sue (day tripper)
26. son_in_aquarius / Jim4
27. Squigglebrain / David
28. Els

Almost confirmed, and/or thinking seriously about it
MelanieS/ Melanie ???
nanner / Nan
malicea10 / mal/Mary
muppin / Cheryl
ErsatzEpiphany / Brittany
Tamrantuala / Tammy
Cheryl / Cheryl

MORE DETAILS ABOUT THE HOTEL AND AREA from mrubyjean/Martha (order re-arranged slightly by HHC/Helen):
Quote:
"The Inn is reserving a block of rooms for us that include all their double rooms and small suites, so folks can have the option of sharing rooms. They also have plenty of singles available, three of which can connect to suites.
Folks just have to call and say they are part of the "SeARTle" or "Pacific NW Art Group" and they will get the discount rate, $89 (singles), $98 (doubles), $125 (king room, small suites, two beds), $143 (large suites, two beds).There is a 9.5% Seattle sales tax…so, with tax, the total for each room comes out to just a little under the original rate per room."

"It is a city location...so you may miss being surrounded by trees...but it is a nice-intimate-sized place with clean, affordable rooms and they are letting us use their big, open breakfast room as an art room for free all weekend (except for 7-10 am when the complementary breakfast is served). We will also have a smaller room available as a demo room if needed, also for free. All rooms have mini-fridges and coffee-makers. And wireless is available in all but the “Cellar Suite”.

The website needs some photo updating…it has been under new ownership for the past year or so and it appears the owners are not too website-savvy. The managers and staff, however, seem really friendly and helpful.

The Inn is in a really handy spot, easy to find from the highway, easy to get to from the airport (and I would be happy to pick people up), a block from Starbucks, Trader Joe’s, an organic, gluten-free, vegan deli and a great view of the city skyline. It is also a short walk away from more coffee shops, Safeway and QFC, an Irish pub, a French bakery, a neighborhood of small eclectic shops (including an art store) and a park with walking trails.
It is a five-minute drive from two more parks with beach walks and great views on clear days. The neighborhood Y is just down the street and the Inn has half-price ($5) day passes to use the facilities/pool.

Reserve your rooms as soon as you can…the deadline for our block booking is March 15...but if people call to reserve later and rooms are free, you will still get discounted rate. Then let Helen or me know so we can keep track of how many rooms we have for our group.

The Inn is in my neighborhood and I would love to have folks over to my house on Friday evening for a potluck dinner. I do also have some room downstairs to put up some card tables and possibly host an evening art-making session for those who are here on Friday.

"If your dreams don't scare you, they aren't big enough."

My Blog... Art Etsy... Facebook... My Flickr... Vintage Etsy...

Last edited by HHC; 04-02-2013 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:05 PM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!HHC should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Okay all you Oregon, Washington, BC folks... chime in! And points further south or east if you're interested.

Last edited by HHC; 06-18-2012 at 03:21 PM.
Old 06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
True.

JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1044/100%
I'd definitely attend, and could help with planning on some level.
Old 06-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Reaching for the Next Artistic Plateau

My Mood:
sasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to allsasjhwa is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 192/100%
I suggest the AFK Tavern in Everett which is a good sized restaurant/pub that caters to larger groups spending the day gaming or doing events like this one. I've been to events there before and it is a great place to hang out. http://www.afktavern.com/

I try to avoid Seattle whenever possible just because of the hassle getting around and the cost of parking in a lot of places.
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
Thanks for the suggestion.
My personal preference is Seattle for this particular event. We're thinking a two day event with an art room accessible for both days.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:22 PM
colorful soul

mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 3099/100%
OH YES!!! I'd love it...
And I'd be happy to do some of the research and planning!
(I was so sorry to miss the Portland gathering)
Old 06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
Martha, you're on! And we're gonna make certain the date fits your schedule this time.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:42 PM
I can sleep when I'm dead!

Go-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 36/100%
ME!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Be inspiring ... be kind ...

My Mood:
jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1055/100%
You KNOW I'll be there!!

Pacific NorthWest Artists (and their friends!) Social Group
Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 PM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1306/100%
Well, I've never been to Seattle....
Old 06-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Empress of Chaos

My Mood:
Pamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 654/100%
I'd be there with bells on!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
It promises to be a fun time... and much less intense that the Portland event.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:57 PM
colorful soul

mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!mrubyjean should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Originally Posted by CynthiaSillitoe View Post
Well, I've never been to Seattle....
Oh Cynthia...it is really a great city to visit!
Old 06-21-2012, 12:13 AM
Dances with elephants

CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!CynthiaSillitoe should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1306/100%
Is it too soon to pack? I'm definitely in and I'll once again bring an umbrella so we'll get nothing but sun.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:39 AM
Empress of Chaos

My Mood:
Pamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of artPamitha eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 654/100%
OMU, I ♥ Seattle!!!! It is so great! Can we decide not to have it on April 13? That is my husband's birthday. I just barely made it home for Father's Day and he is an awesome father and grandpa. So I don't want him to think I have a conspiracy going on... Ha!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I can sleep when I'm dead!

Go-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoastGo-Go Gadget Girl is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 36/100%
SeARTtle!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 01:06 PM
Busy, busy, busy!

My Mood:
Ha! Love SeARTle!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM
Be inspiring ... be kind ...

My Mood:
jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!jaw should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1055/100%
SeARTtle!!! What fun!!!

Pacific NorthWest Artists (and their friends!) Social Group
Old 06-21-2012, 02:02 PM
True.

JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!JoyFlower should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1044/100%
Perfect Name!! Even fun to say... Try it! SeARTle!
Old 06-21-2012, 02:04 PM
colorful soul

SeARTle...cute!! Nice going, Go-Go Gadget Girl!