Apples are Red, My Love - Due November 16, 2012
Swap Due Date: November 16, 2012
Signup/Withdraw Date: November 16, 2012
Number of Cards: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of Participants: Unlimited
Medium: Any and all media and techniques are welcome
Returns Mailed 11/26
Have you ever noticed all the references there are to APPLES within our culture?
As American as Apple Pie
The apple never falls far from the tree
He was a BAD APPLE
She was the Apple of his eye
An Apple a Day Keeps the Doctor Away
As food and for special Celebrations:
In the UK, a toffee apple is a traditional confection made by coating an apple in hot toffee and allowing it to cool. Similar treats in the US are candy apples (coated in a hard shell of crystallised sugar syrup), and caramel apples, (coated with melted caramel)
Apples are eaten with honey at the Jewish New Year of Rosh Hashanah to symbolize a sweet new year.
In stories, legends, and mythology:
Snow White took a bite of the red half of the witch’s apple, and fell to the ground in a deep stupor
Eve gave Adam a bite of the forbidden fruit from the Tree of Knowledge, and this forbidden fruit is usually depicted as an apple. Some say, that bit of apple stuck in Adam's throat when he ate the forbidden fruit, which is why that lump in his throat is called an "Adam's Apple"
The Golden Apples from the Tree of Life in Greek Mythology
The Apples of Immortality in Norse Myth
The Lush Apples in the Garden of Hesperides
The Famed Apples of Avalon
The Legend of Johnny Appleseed
The famous Archery Demonstration of William Tell
And don't forget the Golden Apple that Paris gave to Aphrodite, an action that started the Trojan War
This Swap celebrates the apple, in its many moods, using any medium.
You can depict the apple in any story or legend, or any food or historical moment in time.
Your apples can be red or green or golden, or any other color.
With the wealth of information and the variety, please don't sent me just a basket of apples. Try to stretch your talents and be creative.
* This is a 3 for 3 or 6 for 6 card trade. Make 3 or 6 cards and receive the same number back .
* Any apple, any color apple, any medium.
This means ALL mediums and styles are welcome. Beautiful mixed media cards are welcome. Please make sure you add some depth to your cards. Your mediums can include, but are not limited to: paper, tissue paper, crayon, acrylic, watercolor, gel pens, colored pencil, rubber stamping, ink, newspaper clippings, magazine clippings, etc. All I ask is that you send in your best work. Something you would not be disappointed in receiving if it was sent to you.
* Please make sure to package your cards securely and confirm there is enough postage on the envelope.
* If you are unsure about mailing ATCs, or just may want to pick up some good tips for shipping, here is a great link.
* If you are inside the U.S., please include a Self Addressed Stamped Envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches, plus 45 cents postage, or one "Forever" stamp if trading 3 cards, OR 65 cents postage or two "Forever" stamps if trading 6 cards, OR if your cards are extra heavy. Please put the Swap name and your Username on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
* International participants, I will cover your postage. Please include a self addressed envelope 4 by 9 1/2 inches (10 cm x 28 cm), or if you do not have the correct size envelope, please include a large mailing label with your address and I will provide the envelope.
Please put your username and Swap Name on the back of your mailing envelope, return envelope if sent, and on all cards. And please write clearly on everything!
* I apologize for being so demanding about the envelope size, but the postal rates in the US charge extra for thickness. When cards are stacked, or overlapped, in (a smaller) envelope, it almost always costs more to mail. When I use the 9 1/2 inch business size envelopes, I can spread the cards over the area, making a THIN package, and only pay for normal postage.
* Cards are due in my hands
by November 16, 2012. Please allow sufficient lead time for cards to get to me, particularly if you are an International participant. International please allow 10-14 days. itrader ratings will be given when I receive your cards. Returns will be mailed promptly. Late cards will be returned, as it is unfair to those participants who always have their cards in early or on time.
* We all want to be able to know who to give rep points back to. So, remember to put your username and swap name on the back of each card!
* An extra ATC in this theme is appreciated but not at all expected!
* Thank you for considering this swap! If you have my address from previous swaps, it hasn't changed. If you are new, or have not been in one of my swaps for a while, I’ll PM you with my address when you sign up!
* Above all ~Have fun!!!
Here are some links to get you started
Apples are Red, My Love - November 16, 2012
*1. Gerry - it - Cards Received 10/22
- * UNITED KINGDOM
2. HiddenTreasure2010 - it - Cards Received 11/08
*/. krist_x - WITHDREW
*3. Robin Crandell - it - Cards Received 11/16
*4. LadyKristianna - it -Cards Received 10/11
*/. mek634 - NO CARDS NO COMMUNICATION
*/. lv2paint - WITHDREW
*/. Magdapalka - WITHDREW * POLAND
*5. scrapstampcreate - it - Cards Received 11/13
*6. bartev78 - it - Cards Received 11/26
* CZECH REPUBLIC
*7. Tandy - it -Cards Received 10/22
*8. Rosa - it - Cards Received 11/05
*9. Vicki Z - it -Cards Received 10/13