ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 03-28-2013, 10:27 AM
*waves hello*

Amerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 570/100%
Daily Drawing Thread: Everyone Welcome, II

Nudity Warning:
This thread contains life drawings and some of these drawings will feature nudes.

Daily Drawing Club: Everyone Welcome!

This drawing club is open to all artists on the AFA website from hobbyists to professionals to ultra drawing newbs. The goal of this club is simply to draw every day (when possible) and offer each other encouragement and help. All Drawing Club members should SHARE comments and positive encouragement! Offer constructive criticism if you can!

Hosts: Amerasu & debs913

What to share here:
  1. Drawings or paintings
  2. WIPs of paintings or drawings
  3. Photos/scans of life drawings from drop-in sessions
  4. Telephone or boring meeting doodles (it all counts)
  5. Digital paintings and sketches
  6. Journal pages
  7. Sketch book pages

How to join + instructions:
  1. Add your name and post a brief introduction about your art. Include images of your most recent art (from the last week or month) so we can see where you're at when you start.
  2. Share your art goals (if you want).
  3. Post your drawings and art here as often as you can. Try to do it daily or at least weekly.
  4. If you have time, leave comments and feedback for a couple of people who posted before you.
  5. Keep going.
  6. Practice [ blood sweat tears ] practice. That's about it. Practice.

Inspiration and practice books:

Figure (photo) Drawing sites with a timer!
Posting Images

I *think* AFA has an attachment limit so you will probably need to link to images offsite or host them yourself (if you have a domain). Or link to them in your gallery here if they are AFA/swap related.

Group Challenges

These can be done at any time. New challenges are posted each Monday.
  1. Draw a Face
  2. Draw a Still Life (from LIFE!)
  3. Character Concept: The Snow Queen
  4. 5 Minute Figure Drawings
  5. Cast Drawing from Photo See our group results here!
  6. Continuous Contour Drawing
  7. Vase of Flowers: Open style, open medium
  8. Draw Your Hands
  9. Color Figure Drawing/Painting
  10. Creature Concept: Big Toothed Bubbaloo
  11. Finding Values
  12. Draw a Dog's Eye
  13. Gesture Drawing
  14. Master Study
  15. Concept: Valentine's Day Couple in Love!
  16. Character Concept: Marie Antoinette
  17. A Rendering We Will Go
  18. Character Concept: Halloween Monster!
  19. Realistic Pencil Portrait
  20. Feet!
  21. Whimsical Landscape
  22. Values & Shading
  23. Character: Bundled up for the snow!
  24. Draw a Still Life!

Old Daily Drawing Threads

Last edited by Amerasu; 12-08-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:30 AM
*waves hello*

Amerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them allAmerasu is the envy of them all
New thread, starting fresh here. Added a link to the old thread above
Old 03-28-2013, 10:55 AM
Drawing and Collecting All the Dog Breeds

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1633/100%
Here I am
Old 03-28-2013, 11:29 AM
*waves hello*

I'm away for the weekend... one last post before I head out. A recolored cat, lol

Old 03-28-2013, 11:59 AM

My Mood:
debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!debs913 should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Have a good weekend, Sal!
Old 03-28-2013, 12:05 PM
Back from the dead... Sorta

My Mood:
Kalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant futureKalycakes has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 238/100%
Hi, enjoy the long weekend
Old 03-28-2013, 01:34 PM
Mix Medium Artist

My Mood:
chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 455/100%
I would like to jump in here..*smile*..My goal is to improve in my art...giggle...I need all the help I can get. Practice, practice I do need. I have discovered that the mediums I like most is ink and watercolor I do at times include pastel chalk and color pencils. I am self taught, a great admire of many artist on this thread. I love repetitive patterns using them in my drawings/doodles....one of my other goals is to learn more about watercolor paint how to use them.

Link to my Flickr account that shows my latest journal pages.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_ranie__chatty/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/artist_..._chatty/page2/

Amerasu, love your cat..giggle..what personality..giggle..

..giggle..BE HAPPY..giggle..

Last edited by chatty; 03-28-2013 at 02:08 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM
is what she is...a Twin-kie Tsarevina!

My Mood:
FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)FlyingPhoenix is an ATC god(ess)
iTrader Rating: 546/100%
I'm here.

I'll probably will be lurking as I'm focused on a non-visual project at the moment, but I'll still be around to be a cheerleader.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:43 PM

My Mood:
Hi Chatty!

I looked at your journal pages and wow...you do have the whole texture/detail thing down Most excellent!

I will be interested to see how you bring that detail into your more realistic drawings. One of the things I have been learning is to apply some of that pattern/texture to create shading and depth in my more realistic pieces.

rkolig--I tried the erase assignment. If I squint hard it sort of looks like cliffs and the sea. Maybe I need a better eraser. Can't quite bring myself to share this one!
Old 03-28-2013, 01:52 PM
ATC Swapper

My Mood:
alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 29/100%
Whew! Made it! Working on some ATCs for the Illustrated Wisdom that I'll post later today/this weekend.

Love the cat!
Old 03-28-2013, 02:34 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!Linda4atc should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1797/100%
Morning Peoples! Hi Chatty good to see you here. Feel free to share stuff often, we like seeing what everyone is doing.

Not much art the last two days other than copying and backing the stuff I already shared. Maybe today I'll play with my paints. And I shaped some some paperclay hearts that are drying.

I really liked the Snowy Pine I did in the Paint-a-thon I want to try to make more. Also if the the paperclay has dried I might try painting something on them.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM
Immature Child of Adult Sea Monkeys

My Mood:
Ms_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to allMs_Squid is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 91/100%
I'm checking in as well, but I've been lurking for quite a bit. Trying to catch up now on the exercises.

Amerasu - Love the expression on the cool cat.

Chatty - Love the zentangles and pen & ink drawings. I'm always amazed at the textures and patterns of zentangles.
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM
Mix Medium Artist

My Mood:
chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!chatty is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 455/100%
Thank debs913....I find realistic more of a challenge, it is going to be interesting to see what I can come up with..giggle..

Hi linda4atc ..giggle.. I will try

Ms Squid, I love repetitive patterns, when I first notice them was in the backgrounds of Master Pieces at one time it was very popular to include repetitive patterns in paintings..giggle..

..giggle..BE HAPPY..giggle..
Old 03-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Dark chocolate....the perfect health food

My Mood:
rkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 357/100%
Welcome to the group Chatty.

Sal, love the cool cat.

Alegnak, check the local art store. Ours has a cheaper version of the Copic style markers and they're actually quite good. Refillable too. Maybe yours does too. Otherwise, just pick up 1 or 2 at a time when you can afford them. That's how I did it and slowly built up my collection of colors. The sets are usually good deals, but its still a chunk O change in one shot, which half the time I don't have.

Deb, I love the crabby Elvis. How clever!!
Sal, thank you for that link to the walk through. I have some oil pastels and just got frustrated with them. Maybe Abi's tips will help. I've been playing with chalk pastels at life drawing and am enjoying them. Maybe I'll get brave and try the oils too.

I worked on catching up a bit on the various challenges. Inked in Marie, and did a quick eraser drawing. They're not easy, but I think they're kinda interesting to do.

I'll upload some pics tomorrow.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:18 PM
having fun and loving life

My Mood:
Iridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them allIridescent888 is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 149/100%
Yeah that cat looks like I feel even his cigarette looks tempting and I don't smoke.
Just found my eraser for the rendering so I hope to find time this weekending busy.
Welcome Chatty...I haven't checked out your thread but will.
Still working on an acrylic that seems to be taking a long time.
Linda4 atcs I like the hand.

wandaillustrations.com
Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 PM
Dark chocolate....the perfect health food

My Mood:
rkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of artrkolig eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 357/100%
as promised....

Eye_pencil.jpg and evil eye. This is as far as I got on that challenge. lol
Owl1.jpg just something that I've been working on. Watercolor and pen
Attachment 121091 Attachment 121092 3 attempts at Marie Antionette
Attachment 121093 my 1st eraser drawing. I didn't have a good subject, so drew my pencil sharpener. I'd like to try something larger too.

Last edited by rkolig; 02-05-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:41 PM
Elephangaroo

My Mood:
Elephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 199/100%
Hello! I really like challenging myself so I'm really glad to have found this thread! Looking forward to giving it a try.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:45 AM

My Mood:
I've been doing mostly digital collage this week, but now that my last PAT is done, it's back to the drawing board

Elephangaroo...welcome! Tell us about you, your art, your art goals and what you hope to learn.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:49 AM
Elephangaroo

My Mood:
Elephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoastElephangaroo is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 199/100%
Er...well...I draw day and night these days. It's something that I stopped doing for years. Things have changed in the last two years as I gradually started picking up my pens and would doodle alongside my husband while we watched movies. As time went on I wanted to do more so I discovered ATCs and swapping! At first it was mostly very simple drawings with pretty papers but as time went on I wanted to stretch a bit. I've never taken any art classes so everything I do is trial and error. I get frustrated sometimes because what's in my head isn't quite what's happening on my page and I know I'm missing "something". I had been looking for an outlet where I could learn something, share what I did and receive some feedback on where I need to focus. I spent a lot of years avoiding the very thing I love the most and I want to raise it to another level for myself, because it means a lot to me. And that's it!
Old 03-30-2013, 01:27 PM
ATC Swapper

My Mood:
alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!alegnak is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 29/100%
Welcome Elphangaroo!

I understand your frustration on not getting what you want on the page. I do love your avatar! I look forward to seeing your drawings!