Slashing Fandoms: Summer Lovin' due Sept. 2nd 2013

Phrixy

Dreaming of a Gallifrey that was.
Media
Due!: September 2nd, 2013
Withdraw Date: Let me know at least a week prior to the due date.
Swapping: 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Unlimited players
Mediums: Any

As the temperatures rise, the clothes come off! And the fans come out.

Oh my.

From Wikipedia: "Slash fiction is a genre of fan fiction that focuses on interpersonal attraction and sexual relationships between fictional characters of the same sex. While the term was originally restricted to stories in which male media characters were involved in an explicit sexual relationship as a primary plot element (also known as "slash" or "m/m slash"), it is now used to refer to any fan story containing a pairing between same-sex characters. Many fans distinguish female-focused slash as a separate genre, commonly referred to as femslash (also known as "f/f slash", "femmeslash", "altfic" and "saffic"). The characters are usually not engaged in such relationships in their respective fictional universes." Because there are some wonderful canon couples, there won't be a restriction on them. ;)

Whether you ship(?who came up with that?) TV (see: Dean/Castiel up there, Sterek, JackXIanto), Movie (LokiXStark anyone?), Anime (WolfwoodXVash, SebastianXCiel...etc), or Book (Jean ClaudeXAsher, MagnusXAlex) characters, this is the swap for you! We don't mind lady!slash either, so if you like your girl characters together, the more the merrier!
We can be as innocent or (Adult!)naughty as we like, as long as we put the cards in the correct gallery.

ATC Details
Please be sure your card conforms to ATC standards for size, and do not send anything too flimsy or with pieces falling off. Your substrate should at least be cardstock. Be sure to put your cards into sleeves for protection.

I do not accept stickers as the primary image for an ATC in my swaps. For collage you should be combining at least 3 images to create something original, such as an different head and arms onto a dress and a background of some sort.

Cards that do not conform to the rules will be returned at the player's expense and will not be swapped out here. I'm not mean about these things, I just want everyone to get back returns that reflect a suitable amount of work and originality.

Postage
Please do not send SASE unless you're in Canada, as US postage DOES NOT work from here. I will supply envelopes.
US players: $1
International: $2 in US or Canadian funds.
Canada: $1 or appropriate stamp
If your cards are heavy or you're sending more than 3, please add extra postage to accommodate. You can pay by PayPal with an additional $0.50 for fees, just PM me for details.

An extra card on theme is wonderful, but certainly not mandatory nor expected for participation.

Do note that we are in Canada, and allow enough time for your cards to arrive. That pesky border can add a few extra days. Also, if you must drop out, please let me know as soon as you can so we don't hold up the swap waiting unnecessarily for you. Cards must arrive on time (or early!), must all be in sleeves, and should be your best effort.

Please include a large, filled-out address label and I will supply the return envelope. NO SASE please, unless you're in Canada. We cannot mail out with anything but Canadian postage. See above for amounts to send. Please don't send those tiny return address labels, as Canada Post goes into convulsions about that.

Please PM me for the addy when you are ready to mail out.
Thanks all!

Contest Announced on Post 69: Naughty.
Also, 'Domestic Bliss', a la fluff moments while cooking, cleaning, watching TV...

1. IceKat
2. Kheelan
3. prayer_at_night
4. AnnD Withdrew
5. djl1050
6. miss

Last edited:
Oh my goodness... my biggest weakness, slash! :D
Before I commit, I have a question: How will you swap these cards out? Will you consider comments? 'Cause *mumble* I don't really know any of the pairings you mention in the first post...
And I don't think I can fully appreciate a pairing I don't know, you know? :nah:

I will, of course, be considering comments. I won't be sending people couples that squick them. For example, some people like Wincest, I do not. I get that.

What pairings do you like?

Lurking. Are you in Canada? The description for mailing cards says you are but your profile says Iowa. Just curious.

For me, it's not so much about pairings I like or don't like, it's more about fandoms I know or don't know...

I'm an absolute Harry Potter freak and would love pretty much every slash pairing imaginable in that fandom (apart from Harry/Draco, that's too mainstream to appeal to me ;) ).
My new big love is BBC Sherlock, and while I'm horribly mainstream there (as in, Sherlock/John just doesn't get old for me ;) ) I would also love to see any kind of slash pairing there.
And I'm a trekkie, so anything Star Trek will probably work for me. (And honestly, a slash swap does need a few of the very first ever slash pairings, right?)
(That's not all the fandoms I know - I do watch TV sometimes - but these are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. :) )

And to be honest, I've no idea what Wincest is (well, I guess I know *what* it is, the "cest" part is pretty self-explanatory, but I've no idea who the incestuous parties are here. ;) ).

Anyway, I have the feeling that I don't know a lot of the very popular fandoms (perhaps not too important in a slash swap(?), but for example I've never seen a single episode of Doctor Who.), so I usually don't participate in multi-fandom swaps so I won't be a pain in the butt for the host with all my "I don't know this" and "I don't know that"s... but this is SLASH! Dilemma! :biglaugh:

You know what? I'll just shut my gob now and sign up if you'll have me. :cute:

*grins*
I'll totally have ya.

Harry Potter slash has some good ones. I read this one with SnapeXHarry, which I usually wouldn't read because...yuck, but it was very highly recommended and well written. I imagine there are some good twincest ones for that lol
And Sherlock is pretty awesome. I don't know who else to pair them up with, besides Moriarty or maybe Lestrade, is it? Could get interesting.
I've seen some pretty good Kirk/Spock art on dA recently, for the newer incarnations.

And Wincest, which you are correct about the 'cest' part, is usually with the Winchester brothers from Supernatural. Sometimes with Castiel as well , which might make it okay, or with their Father, which is *gag*. And if that's your thing, more power to ya. It's just not my personal cup of tea.

*runs away to sign you up before this gets even more long winded*

OMFG! I laughed out loud when I saw the title of this swap, just from pure delight. Great idea!

Also . . . Wincest? Cracked me up. I'd not heard that term before.

Here's my question: How much physical contact are we looking for here? This is a purely pragmatic question. I have zero.no experience drawing people in erotic situations, so . . . pretty much a hot handshake would be a push. LOL.

Yay! AnnD!

Well, I suppose they should look like the like each other, at least. A hot handshake XD Would that be in their britches? :yes: So, holding hands all the way up to X-rated. Or XXX rated, whichever you prefer. Just as long as those cards go in the Adult gallery, away from impressionable eyes. >.> You would think we would have corrupted those by now. XD

Ugh! I was planning on taking a break for the Summer....but...I may have to jump on this one...!

I'll lurk for now, see if I can come up with anything. The Stark/Loki just about sold it for me (Though I'm more of a Stark/Banner fan.... :B )

*grins*
I'll totally have ya.

Harry Potter slash has some good ones. I read this one with SnapeXHarry, which I usually wouldn't read because...yuck, but it was very highly recommended and well written. I imagine there are some good twincest ones for that lol
And Sherlock is pretty awesome. I don't know who else to pair them up with, besides Moriarty or maybe Lestrade, is it? Could get interesting.
I've seen some pretty good Kirk/Spock art on dA recently, for the newer incarnations.

And Wincest, which you are correct about the 'cest' part, is usually with the Winchester brothers from Supernatural. Sometimes with Castiel as well , which might make it okay, or with their Father, which is *gag*. And if that's your thing, more power to ya. It's just not my personal cup of tea.

*runs away to sign you up before this gets even more long winded*

Yay! *dances the happy dance of the freshly signed-ups*

Hey, what do you mean "yuck"?!? :policeman: Snarry (or Snape/Harry) is probably my favourite pairing ever - I'm an absolute pairing whore so I'm really not one for an OTP, but if I had to choose one pairing for the end of time and had to leave all others behind... it would by my beloved Snarry. ;)
Which fiction was is it that you read?

With Sherlock, I have a special place in my heart for Mycroft/Lestrade... that's pretty sweet and there are some delightful fanfics out there with that pairing. :3
And let me add to the incest parade and point out Sherlock/Mycroft - there are authors that can make this work beautifully.
(Gosh, I sound like a maniac, don't I? :biglaugh: )

And the new Star Trek films are amazing, I absolutely love the new actors! :v_spin: And there's definitely something between Spock and Kirk... (although I must say I adore Spock/Uhura!)

Ah, Supernatural, sure... never seen that. ;) But yeah, two brothers and their dad? :wacko: Not really my cuppa, either. ;)

Wuah, sorry, I'm blathering again... I could talk about fandom stuff for ever and ever. ;)

Well, yuck in that he was much, much older that Harry. Keep in mind that I was freshly out of high school at the time I read it. Now, I think the ones where Harry is of age are okay. Why not? Snape does have a thing for his eyes.
I really can't remember what the title was and after looking for it, found that there are SO MANY, I'm not sure if I will. I remember there was a spell to for undressing. I think I found it through dA....while I was looking for Sesshoumaru/Inuyasha stuff. They're only /half/ brothers. <.< >.>

Well, I enjoy the blather. I was reading through a Destiel blog and was appalled to find that people at conventions will boo questions dealing with slash pairings, as if to shame those who find it enjoyable. I realize this is not everyone's thing, but we're all adults here. Everyone gets to talk about 50 Shades of Gray. Is that only okay because it's a man dominating a woman? Would it be acceptable the other way around? (By the by, haven't read them, so if that happens...I would be surprised...)
I've heard people say that they're okay with gayness, if only it(bedroom activities) wasn't shoved down their throats, but seriously, everything else is heterosexual oriented.
*stalks away from that subject and unruffles feathers*

Okay, so I had to go look at other things...still haven't found that Snarry fic. Do you have any recs?

*lol* I remember sitting in the school library and printing out whole (loooong) fanfictions... When I left school (with ~18/19) I was already a Snarry veteran. ;)
And a spell for undressing doesn't really narrow it down, I'm afraid...

What? Booing? That's a no-go for me. As is any kind of character or pairing bashing. I have actually had people telling me how unrealistic Snarry is and that I'm wrong in liking it... WTF? :mad: As I said, I'd read/look at almost every pairing imaginable (and even those that aren't imaginable - read a Sirius Black / Aberforth Dumbledore not long ago, and it worked! :biglaugh: ), so all this "My pairing is better than yours" shit just annoys me. As does the general disparagement of whole genres; so, some people like slash, others prefer het or gen or crazy gangbangs... so what? Who do some people think they are to belittle what someone else loves?
:no:
I don't get it. Live and let live, right? :cute:

*dangerous grin* Recs? But of course....
One of my all-time favourite Snarries is The Price of Magic by ac1d6urn and Sinick, a gorgeously gritty novel length AU with lovingly written changing first person narrative that draws you in with the starting drabble, makes you cry and laugh and only lets you breathe again when the last words are read. (Can you tell I love this one? Have a print version under my desk and regularly re-read it. )

Then there are the stories from Tiranog, especially A Nick in Time and its sequel Growing Pains (both again really long); Tiranog writes the Severus that lives in my head, the one that hides insecurities and old wounds behind his snark. Her stories are also all mostly bottom!Snape (and deliciously written, too!), but I know there are many people who don't love that so I thought I'd warn/entice. ;) These two stories also feature a Ron and Hermione I never expected but came to love, beautiful magic theory details and lots of pining and UST.

Then I'll also rec a less angst ridden fic that I really enjoy and love to re-read: Echoes by gingertart. Harry's interaction with his kids is adorable, furniture is going crazy and Severus' new profession is not really what anyone expected. A lovely read that leaves you with a smile on your face and a lighter heart! :cute:
(Actually, any gingertart fiction is good fiction, so feel free to browse the other stories!)

And then I'll just rec alisanne's journal, because she posts beautiful little drabbles pretty much every day - not all are Snarry, but most of them are. ;) The journal is also the place where you can find her longer fics.
Alisanne manages to always make me happy with what she writes; if I have a bad day, I'll read a drabble she wrote before going to bed to give me a last smile.

...I could go on and on like this. :biglaugh: But I'll stop here. If you have any specific things/tropes/genres you'd like recs for, just PM me, yeah? :cute:

Gah! How can it be that I totally didn't think of Sessi and Inuyasha when I was abruptly signed up for this swap? They're even on our wall.

Phrixy, does it count as slash to draw characters from our soon to be published books? Or am I cheating? lol

I found it! It's called "Death Eater Takes A Holiday". 67 chapters. I knew it was a long one.

I'll look into those recs >.>
I didn't even know about the Star Trek stuff until Dean referenced 'pon farr'.

I don't know how you could forget them. *eyes Ice* Or Magnus/Alec. Blaine/Kurt.
I wouldn't mind one from ours as a hosty card. *nudgenudgewinkwink*

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom