"What's in your Cabinet?" Cabinet of Curiosity ATC Swap - Due October 28th, 2016

Kynara

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
"What's in your Cabinet?" Cabinet of Curiosity ATC Swap - Due October 28th, 2016

Swap Due Date – October 28th, 2016
Signup cutoff date – October 21st, 2016
Number of Cards - 3:3 per group (can sign up for both groups)
Number of participants – unlimited
Media – "hand drawn/hand painted" group and/or "Collage/Mixed/Digital Open Media" group please specify which group you want when signing up. You may do both, but you need to do a full set of each (ex 3 hd/hd & 3 collage).
Swapping will be done with each group separately, effort for effort.

from Wikipedia: Cabinets of curiosities (also known as Kunstkabinett, Kunstkammer, Wunderkammer, Cabinets of Wonder, and wonder-rooms) were encyclopedic collections of objects whose categorical boundaries were, in Renaissance Europe, yet to be defined. Modern terminology would categorize the objects included as belonging to natural history (sometimes faked), geology, ethnography, archaeology, religious or historical relics, works of art (including cabinet paintings), and antiquities. "The Kunstkammer was regarded as a microcosm or theater of the world, and a memory theater.

What's in your Cabinet? For this swap, you will create 3 HD/HP and/or 3 OpenMedia cards with cabinets on them. What you put in the cabinets is completely up to you! You can create a themed cabinet, a random cabinet of things you would put in your own cabinet, a cabinet of made up curious oddities, or whatever you like!

examples by Noodlerabbit88, mcgillisj, michelle81, KPinAK, Tandy

Please note:
- All cards should be the standard 3.5” x 2.5” Please trim neatly!
- Please make cards sturdy. No flimsy paper.
- Washi tape makes excellent 'easy to remove tape' to attach your cards together for mailing
- Please include username and origin (state and/or country) on the back of all cards.
- Originals only - no copies or prints. Cards should all be different
- No communication and no cards will result in a neutral iTrader. (Sorry, I don't send out reminders :wubclub: )

Postage Requirements:

US - clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper - no envelopes please
(no return address labels, they're too small)
one group - .47 (forever stamp) or .68 (recommended for collage)
both groups - .68 or .89 (recommended for collage)
*I always return unneeded postage unless told otherwise.
I can also accept Paypal if you prefer that route. PM for Paypal details.

International - clearly write or type your address on a mailing label or piece of paper - I will provide envelopes
one group- $1 USD or US Stamp, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
both groups- $2 USD or US Stamp, Paypal or your own country's postage equivalent for that weight
(I love international postage and can use them for international swaps :cute: )

Please PM me for my address when you are ready to mail. If you post your request for my addy in the thread, I can almost guarantee that I will not see it right away. I'm still in Dix, IL if you have my addy from a previous swap, but please let me know that you've mailed! (please do not mail to Plainfield, IN, I am no longer there!)

An extra on theme ATC is, as always, never required or expected but would be immensely treasured forever and ever.

I will leave feedback when I receive your cards. Please leave iTrader for me so I know your cards arrived ok and rep points (You Rock) for those players you receive cards from.

List of players - names link to posts to give "You Rock!" points

Handdrawn/Handpainted
  1. An. M. Sudyka - returns received
  2. BexMadeMe - returns received
  3. BlancoLobo - returns received
  4. CherylS - returns received
  5. IamWhatonearth - returns received
  6. jeanbean13 - returns received
  7. kinouchi - returns received
  8. LeonardaDaArtsi
  9. londonont1 - returns received
  10. plumhill2001 - returns received
  11. RaeK75 - returns received

Collage/MixedMedia/Digital - Open Media (*see limitations above)
  1. An. M. Sudyka - returns received
  2. Georgie Davis - no cards no communication
  3. heartwindow
  4. megk25
  5. santasbratt - no cards no communication

waiting for group choice - please let me know what group you want

Thanks!

please feel free to post pictures of your cards when you are finished

Last edited:
welcome IamWhatonearth and CiCiCreates! Hope you'll be back Noodlerabbit :cute:

I added a couple more awesome examples to the first post!

Kynara, could the cabinet be filled with things that would be considered "collectibles"? Like perfume bottles, or storybook dolls?

CiCiCreates, you can fill it with anything you want! (well... PG rated preferably :eek: ...haha)

hope you're able to join us LucyMc!

No problem with the PG!!! Sounds like fun, already have my list of possibilities going!

welcome, all you lovely lurkers, I hope you decide to join in! :)

I'm really excited about this swap, I can't wait to see all the different kinds of things everyone puts in their cabinets!

Back
Top Bottom