ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Lover of paint!

My Mood:
megan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 239/100%
MMH Tiny Tea Bag Paintings

I recently took an online workshop called Tiny Bags of Love with Jeanne-Marie Webb, an artist who uses tea bags as tiny canvases. You can check out the class here: https://ivynewport.com/tiny-bags-of-love

I have been inspired by all the work that has been posted on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram (search for #tinybagsoflove and #teabaggirls) and was thinking it would be a great thread to share tiny paintings with each other.

The majority of the paintings are portraits done in watercolors, acrylics or gouche but you could paint anything!

Preparing your tea bags is easy...just soak a couple overnight in boiling water and then the next morning lay them out on a tray or plate in the sun until they dry out completely. Then you can empty the leaves out carefully and you are ready to gesso the surface or just start painting!

When you finish your painting you should mail it out either mounted on a thicker piece of paper like card stock or protected by a plastic sleeve.

For those of you who have never done a MMH before. You agree to make the person before you in the thread ONE of their requests. You in turn list 3 things that would make you happy and the next person after you will try to accommodate your request.

The Nitty Gritty according to AFA:
-You must have an iTrader rating of +3 to start or participate in a PIF or MMH.
-When setting up your PIF/MMH please require players to send out their item before accepting another/offering trade.
-Posting pictures of what you have painted is encouraged!
-Players should agree to a 2 week maximum mailing dead line, and keep in communication, if not a Negative iTrader should be given.
-No chatting in the PIF threads - this makes them really hard to follow.
-Remember to give iTrader points when you receive your tea bag!

Who wants to play?

Last edited by megan457; 12-06-2016 at 09:56 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Lover of paint!

My Mood:
megan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to allmegan457 is a name known to all
Who will make me happy with...
a portrait
fish
mushrooms
artist choice?
Old 12-06-2016, 01:42 PM
Living in interesting times...

My Mood:
Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 232/100%
I will try to MYH Megan, not sure with which of your given themes.

Who wants to MMH with

A flower
A rainbow
Artists choice?

http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/gall...x.php?n=490650

Last edited by Gemininorn; 12-11-2016 at 08:23 AM. Reason: adding link to gallery
Old 12-07-2016, 10:20 AM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 188/100%
Hello Gemininorn! I will try and MYH with the artist choice.

Who will MMH.with

Apple
Pear
Portrait
Artist Choice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Tea Bag Art 2.jpg (55.2 KB, 24 views)

Last edited by vikinglady; 12-14-2016 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Post tea bag art
Old 12-12-2016, 08:10 PM
Lover of paint!

My Mood:
I will try to MYH vikinglady...my portraits have been a little wonky as of late but I'll try!

Who will MMH with:
cats
moths
mushrooms
artist choice?
Old 12-14-2016, 08:12 PM
Diligent Artist

Smidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
iTrader Rating: 97/100%
I wanted to make sure that I could do this before I signed up and it wasn't too bad. I even used watercolor! It's kinda like inches! I made you a couple of mushrooms. I hope they MYH.
Who will MMH with:
Teacup(s)
Teapot
Anybody or animal drinking tea
Artist choice?

Here's the one I did in watercolor
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2555.jpg (49.6 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by Smidgen; 12-18-2016 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:43 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
vikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them allvikinglady is the envy of them all
iTrader Rating: 188/100%
Smidgen, I will try and MYH with a Teapot

Who WWMMH with a

Landscape
Barn
Sea Turtle
Jelly Fish
Artist Choice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tea bag art_1.jpg (58.9 KB, 34 views)
Old 12-15-2016, 05:08 AM
Living in interesting times...

My Mood:
Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!Gemininorn is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 232/100%
Vikinglady I will MYH, haven't yet decided with what...

Would someone like to MMH with
An Elephant
A Tree
A leaf
Artists choice?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (30.6 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Gemininorn; 12-19-2016 at 06:12 PM. Reason: adding picture
Old 01-04-2017, 04:29 PM
Diligent Artist

Smidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoastSmidgen is awesomesauce on fantastatoast
I will MYH Gemininorn not sure what
Did a poppy from your last request of a flower

Who will MMH with

A bird
Stacked teacups
An animal
A Flower
Artist choice - thrilled for anything really
PLEASE- don't glue any backing to the teabag

*TIP-Try to keep your paint very dry if your don't want it to bleed on the teabag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2588.jpg (38.6 KB, 10 views)

Last edited by Smidgen; 01-08-2017 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:12 PM
with wings

My Mood:
acalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 654/100%
Smidgen..I will make you happy with a bird

Who will MMH with:
Frida Kahlo
Bird
Seahorse
or Artist Choice

Please don't glue any backing to the teabag
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teabag1001.jpg (33.0 KB, 37 views)
Old 01-07-2017, 09:03 AM
ATC Novice

betzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 111/100%
Hi acalla, I will make you happy with artist's choice

Who will MMH with:
flower
bird
teacup
artist's choice

Please don't glue any backing to the teabag. Please don't take away the tea label attached to the tea bag too. Thank you.

Last edited by betzzz; 01-14-2017 at 11:54 AM.
Old 01-08-2017, 01:15 AM
Every Child Has Originality

My Mood:
Echo Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant futureEcho Paitsel has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 185/100%
betzzz,, I will be GLAD to make you HAPPY with a sweet little birdie!

Here is your little birdie! I hope you like it!!!

Who will make me HAPPY with:
* Flower
* Bird
* Leaf/Tree
* Dragonfly
* Butterfly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (41.7 KB, 20 views)

Last edited by Echo Paitsel; 01-17-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-08-2017, 09:44 AM
with wings

My Mood:
acalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant futureacalla has a brilliant future
iTrader Rating: 654/100%
Echo Paitsel..I will make you happy with a Flower

Who will make me HAPPY with:
Frida Kahlo
Portrait
Humpty Dumpty
Artist Choice
Attached Images
File Type: jpg teaflower004.jpg (25.7 KB, 27 views)

Last edited by acalla; 01-17-2017 at 07:31 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 01:57 PM
Diligent Artist

Acalla, I will make you happy with a Humpty Dumpty.

Who will make me happy with
Artist choice
Teacup(s)
Butterfly
Dragonfly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2595.jpg (52.0 KB, 21 views)

Last edited by Smidgen; 01-18-2017 at 10:18 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:32 PM
Crazy Hermit Crab Lady 💜

My Mood:
BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!BekaH should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 2521/100%
Going to give this a try! I'll attempt a dragonfly. Who will mmh with

Angel
Cross
Spring tree
Rooster
Coffee
Inspirational word art

Last edited by BekaH; 02-21-2017 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2017, 10:53 PM
My dining table is my studio! :)

My Mood:
plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!plumhill2001 is beyond words!
iTrader Rating: 220/100%
Never done this before! Beka, I'll try to MYH with a spring tree! (I think it looks more tree-like in real life.)

Who will MMH with a:
landscape
cottage
fish
bird?

Last edited by plumhill2001; 02-16-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:39 AM
Lover of paint!

My Mood:
I will make you happy plumhill! I am thinking a fish...
Who will MMH with a:

bird
mushrooms
birch trees
portrait?
Old 01-24-2017, 12:35 PM
Addicted to Color!!!

My Mood:
Shawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of artShawnicaitlin eats, sleeps, and dreams of art
iTrader Rating: 749/100%
this new thread is definitely making me happy.

megan457
I will make you happy with a bird
who will MMH with
a bee on a flower
a colorful whimsy dachshund
wildflowers
a peace sign
Old 01-24-2017, 03:02 PM
Diligent Artist

I will make you happy with a bee on a flower.

Who will MMH with
artist choice
stack of teacups or one teacup
a flower(s)
a butterfly

**please do not attach the teabag to anything
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2616.jpg (40.4 KB, 12 views)

Last edited by Smidgen; 01-31-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Old 01-24-2017, 06:06 PM
ATC Novice

betzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to allbetzzz is a name known to all
iTrader Rating: 111/100%
Hi Smidgen, I will make you happy with a surprise tea bag painting.

Who will MMH with
Artist choice
Fairy
Tree