March Pick-A-Theme (PAT) due IN MY HAND May 26, 2017

Miss M

ATC Guru
Media
Swap Due Date – May 26, 2017
I live in Canada, so please keep it in mind for mailing times!
No withdrawals! Make sure you really want to play.
Number of Cards - 4 for 4 OR 8 for 8
Number of players - 8 groups of 5

Welcome to the March Pick-A-Theme (PAT) Swap!

All artists must have:
  • an established positive iTrader rating of +15
  • no negatives within last 6 months
  • no neutrals for lack of cards/communication within last 3 month
  • no exceptions, please don’t ask.
Please read ALL instructions and try to ask questions BEFORE signing up

There is NO two-week host grace period in this swap, the due date May 26, 2017 is the last day I can wait for cards!​

• If your cards are not in my hands by the due date, I cannot wait on late cards (per AFA rules), and you will risk a neutral/negative iTrader from me, and 4 negative iTraders from your group members.
  • All cards must be mailed to the host, per PAT rules, or you risk getting a negative iTrader from me.
  • I will return late cards to you, and you will need to follow up on the trades individually with your group members.
  • Please, please, please be sure you can get your cards to me by the due date.
  • Please, please, please communicate.
  • I can not stress this enough

General Information:
  • Pick a group and state your theme
  • You must be willing to work on all the other themes in your group.
  • Make one card for each person in your group, using their theme. Receive one card from each group member in your theme.
  • You may sign up for one or two groups. Please don’t overcommit yourself.
  • Themes must be chosen within three days of signing up, or you will lose your spot.
  • You cannot withdraw once you've picked a theme.
  • You cannot change your theme once you’ve signed up.
  • Please DO communicate when you’ve mailed your cards.
  • Please DO post your cards to the thread for all to enjoy! It's not required, but if they get lost in the mail, you have proof that you got them done.
  • Host cards are always cherished, but are not a requirement to play,
Theme Information:
EASY/REGULAR THEMES: Generic themes where is it easy to think up a card; e.g. fairies, cats, dogs, flowers, etc. Or themes which require a little more thought/research but for which it is not difficult to find a appropriate reference/collage images. E.g. of easy/regular themes: flying pigs with hats, red poppies, whimsical houses, nature fairies, zetti, etc. (Real people, characters in books/movies are not regular themes!)

ADVANCED/CHALLENGING THEMES: Themes that usually require research. E.g. real people, characters from books/movies or obscure themes such as “Dogs in Victorian England.” They can also be themes that are difficult to interpret like music or a poem. These can require a lot of thought and effort. If you have internet references, please include the best one so I can post it for your fellow group members

Card information:
  • Cards must be standard ATC/APC size, 2.5”x3.5”, on sturdy paper, cut straight and even
  • Please avoid bulky embellishments. (I've experience bulky embellishments getting damaged by the mail machines, damaging other cards in the envie and they cost more to mail)
  • On the back of all your cards please put the following:
    • March 2017 PAT
    • your group number
    • recipient’s username
    • your AFA username
Mailing information:

When you are ready to send, PM me for my address.
  • All cards should be sent in individual plastic sleeves (or similar protection)
  • I will provide return envelopes. Please include a large label with your address CLEARLY written on it, that I will use for your returns.
  • Please include return postage as applicable to you:
    • If you are a Canadian Player, please include a Permanent Canadian stamp.
    • If you are a US Player, please include $1 USD.
    • If you are an International Player, please include $2 USD
  • I also have PayPal, if that is more convenient for you. PM me.
  • Unfortunately, I can't use other country's postage stamps, so please don’t send them to me in lieu of the return postage request above.

Some suggested mailing times to help you plan:
  • Within Canada, usually 1 week (suggested mail by date is May 18, 2017)
  • From the US, usually 2 weeks (suggested mail by date is May 12, 2017)
  • From Europe, anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks (suggested mail by date is April 28, 2017)
  • From Australia, anywhere from 2 to 6 weeks (suggested mail by date is April 14, 2017)
  • You can confirm the above by checking out canadapost.com and searching for delivery standards for your country.
When you receive your returns, please remember to give an iTrader to each group member and one for the host. (You can give out Rocks too if you want, but in a PAT every group member gets an iTrader from you)

Last edited:
Group 1: Hand-Drawn/Painted ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ FULL
  1. neca84 - Cats, any, lifelike or whimsical - returns received
  2. Suzi - donkeys - returns received
  3. Ilovemarley - Creative mermaids (up to your interpretation) - returns mailed May 26
  4. ann_stebbing - Feathered friends - returns received
  5. KPinAK - ship - returns received

Group 2: Hand-Drawn/Painted ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ FULL
  1. Suzi - monsters - returns received
  2. Ilovemarley - flamingos - returns mailed May 26
  3. Miss M - hot air balloon(s) -returns received
  4. CiCiCreates - mute swan - returns received
  5. Shawnicaitlin - Mini Black and Tan Dappled Dachshund Dog or puppy - returns received

Group 3: Hand-Drawn/Painted ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ FULL
  1. CiCiCreates - Forget-me-nots - returns received
  2. Shawnicaitlin - Mini Black and Tan Dappled Dachshund Dog or puppy - returns received
  3. Monroy28 - Pink Poodle in Paris - returns received
  4. Fandanie - Paris. Something that is identified as Paris - returns received
  5. BexMadMe - red foxes - returns received

Group 4: Hand-Drawn/Painted ~ Advanced/Challenging Themes ~ FULL
  1. Miss M - "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles (interpretation of any lyric in the song) - returns received
  2. Monroy28 - New York, London, Paris: Use a symbol from each of these cities in your card - returns received
  3. angelmuz - a fairytale princess, art nouveau style - returns received
  4. BArox818 - Sons of Anarchy character - returns received
  5. NatashaMay - Fennec fox with a red-haired girl in steampunk style - returns received

Group 5: Zentangle ~ Open Theme ~ FULL
  1. ann_stebbing - flower - returns received
  2. IamWhatonearth - Colorful frog or chameleon - returns received
  3. Kynara - coffee (cup, pot, carafe or bean)
  4. BexMadeMe - animals - returns received
  5. londonont1 - Any musical instrument - returns received

Group 6: APCs ~ Any Media ~ Open theme ~ FULL
  1. Karr3ll - PETER PAN Anything from Disney Movie (cartoon) - P2:A-hearts, P3:A-diamonds, P4:A-spades, P5:A-clubs - returns mailed May 23
  2. katrinabean86 - Daisies - P1: 2-Spades, P3: 4-Spades, P4: 8-Spades, P5: 9-Spades - returns received
  3. CastleQueen5 - Randolph Mantooth as he plays John Gage from Emergency! (1972) SEE HERE - P1: Jack of spade, P2: 10 of spades, P4: king of spades, P5: Queen of spades - returns received
  4. Pikkis - Classic Hollywood Movie Star (male or female) - P1-3 of hearts, P2-8 of spades, P3-4 of diamonds, P5-3 of clubs - returns received
  5. smallgirl - Nature postage stamp (bird, animal, plant, insect, mushroom, etc) and a positive word or quote - P1-Ace of clubs, P2-Ace of spades, P3-Ace of hearts, P4-Ace of diamonds - returns received
Group 7: Collage/Mixed Media ~ Easy/Regular Themes ~ FULL

1. raven - horses (any kind) - returns received
  2. artsylola - brightly colored hummingbird - returns received
  3. Allegrae - soup - returns received
  4. CastleQueen5 - snails - returns received
  5. goatgirl - any wildflower - returns received

Group 8: Any Media ~ Open Theme ~ FULL
  1. artsylola - a card in your own theme - returns received
  2. angelmuz - A hatchling (an elf, a bird, whatever you like, hatching out of a flower, egg, etc) - returns received
  3. BArox818- Steampunk Angel - returns received
  4. Dee - baby bird - returns received
  5. Allegrae - New England clambake - returns received

Last edited:
Group 6 please :D
Theme: PETER PAN Anything from Disney Movie (cartoon)
P2:A-hearts, P3:A-diamonds, P4:A-spades, P5:A-clubs

Last edited:
normally a basic shape is chosen that can be easily filled in with zentangles (cat, frog, flower etc)

or you could just choose colors that you would like (all reds, blue/yellow, black/white)

... oops I just gave away my lurking status didn't I? hehe :eek:

Thanks Kynara for answering ann_stebbing's question! In addition, if you have time, you can also look through the older PAT threads to get an idea what players have picked before, if that helps!

Kynara, lurk away, maybe you'll be enticed to play! (oh my, I didn't plan that rhyme ;) )

Group 2 - Mute swan; Group 3 - Forget-me-nots (please and thank-you!)

alexrm15, my dear, you need an iTrader of +15 to join a PAT (see 1st post). You need a few more points and then you can start playing in the PATs :D

Welcome ann_stebbing! :) Just to clarify, "Flower focus"...you mean the other players should create any flower and zentangle? or is "focus" a specific type of flower?

Back
Top Bottom