ATCsforALL Forums
Home Forum Card Gallery Swap Gallery FAQ About Us Register Now!

Old 08-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 634/100%
Talking #25 The Magnificent Moley Collective

First Mail Date: November 1, 2017
Subsequent Mail dates: December 1 2017, January 1 2018, February 1 2018, March 1 2018, April 1 2018, May 1 2018, June 1 2018, July 1 2018, August 1 2018
Due Back in Hand by: September 1, 2018
Withdraw terms: NOT ALLOWED - be aware - LONG TERM COMMITMENT!

We are full!
Canadian/US players only for this Moley swap. (Note: I will be using a moley rotation where each player has to mail only once to Canada)

Materials required: One blank Japanese Moleskine accordion style pocket album. Approximate size is 3.5" x 5.5". Available at Amazon.com and at MoleskineUS here. http://www.moleskineus.com/japanesebook.html

Requirements to Play:
Because these type of swaps require a huge, very long-term commitment of time and resources, and because it is absolutely heartbreaking when a journal goes missing (unfortunately, it happens), there are special requirements for participation in a swap of this type.

You must:
* Be an actively trading AFA member (defined as: positive iTrader across 2 swaps in the last 3 months)
* Have 3+ months in good standing (no neutrals or negative iTraders)
* Have an iTrader rating of 25+
* Be willing and able to do your very best work on a strict, inflexible time line, over a long period
* Be willing and able to complete the set number of journal pages in the themes chosen by your fellow participants depending on the journal group guidelines
* Have the cash resources necessary to ship the journals around the world using First Class or Airmail. Tracking is not mandatory, but could be suggested

It is also mandatory that you share your mailing address, a phone number, and a contact person to the host. This is to be sure no journals go MIA - info will only be shared with your fellow Moley members only.

You're responsible for:
• Choosing and explaining your theme. Each artist will choose their own theme, color scheme/do and don’ts, and special instructions for their own moley’s. You may choose "No theme" if you want participants to "follow their muse."
• Creating a three (3) page spread in each journal you receive.
• Include at least your name, username, and date completed on the back of your spread.
• Shipping to the next artist participant. Use a well padded bubble envelope, sturdy box or a small Flat Rate Box.
• Paying for First Class mail is MANDATORY and tracking/Delivery Confirmation is recommended (we want to keep an eye on these precious moleys).

Artist Instructions:
1. Decorate the covers, if you choose. This may be completed either before or after the journal travels through the rotation. Some prefer to decorate before, to establish theme, palette, and mood. Some prefer to decorate after, to prevent damage to cover art. You decide!

2. Please include: (1) Your real name and address; (2) your username; (3) your assigned "travel-plan"; (4) a sign-in area for artists; and (5) any special instructions; in the two opening pages of your book - which you should also decorate.

3. In addition to decorating your opening, informational pages, please create the first, 3-page spread in your own Moleskine journal. Yet another opportunity to establish theme and give the other players an idea of what you are looking for.

4. Be sure to "fix" your art well, to prevent smudging. Allow plenty of time for drying before shipping. Wax/parchment paper between pages is a great idea.

5. Please communicate regularly via email, PM, or preferably, in this thread, whenever you have (1) received or (2) shipped a book. Include tracking numbers. We're all investing a huge amount of time, talent, and care in this project, and we want to see everyone's Moleskine journal home safely. Showing up in the thread at least twice a month is part of the deal. Let the other players know that you are still active!

6. In the past there have been issues with journals piling up with one player who is unable to keep up due to unforeseen circumstances. Please communicate to the group if you find yourself falling behind. There are several ways to work around that but we can't help if we don't know what's going on. Communication is essential!

7. Please be sure to mail these journals at the post office personally. There have been incidences in other groups of journals being placed in a player's personal roadside box for mailing and having it stolen.

8. Do avoid adding bulky stuff to the moley to make sure that no damage occurs during travel.

9. Do try to work in the journal as is if possible, however, if you artistic style is not suitable to the moley paper (e.g. watercolour) a tip-in is allowed. Just avoid paper that will add excessive bulk to the moley (i.e. prevent the moley from closing) and use paper that can handle repeated folding.

10. Most important: Be creative, do your very best work, stretch yourself, and have a blast! Oh, and try to show your art in the thread - we all love to share in the fun!

Last edited by Miss M; 08-18-2017 at 08:46 AM. Reason: set mail out dates
Old 08-13-2017, 02:16 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!Miss M should simply stop getting rep at this point!
Thumbs up Moley Travel Plans

We will be following this mailing rotation, so that the expense of mailing is spread out and no one person has to incur it all, and yes it makes it more confusing. You will get a moley from a different player each month, so your art is never following the same artist order in any of the books. If in doubt where to mail next, post to the thread, together we'll figure it out.

BLUE = HOME
ORANGE = TRAVELLING (Moley en route to next player)
MAGENTA = RECEIVED (Moley received as is being worked on)
GREEN = COMPLETED

---------------------------------------

1 - Miss M - theweavershand - TF Balding - TriLov - aaeshelman - miss - kentuckydakota - Tandy - angelmuz - Bluesky - Miss M

2 - TF Balding - Miss M - aaeshelman - theweavershand - kentuckydakota - TriLov - angelmuz - miss - Bluesky - Tandy - TF Balding

3 - aaeshelman - TF Balding - kentuckydakota - Miss M - angelmuz - theweavershand - Bluesky - TriLov - Tandy - miss - aaeshelman

4 - kentuckydakota - aaeshelman - angelmuz - TF Balding - Bluesky - Miss M - Tandy - theweavershand - miss - TriLov - kentuckydakota

5 - angelmuz - kentuckydakota - Bluesky - aaeshelman - Tandy - TF Balding - miss - Miss M - TriLov - theweavershand - angelmuz

6 - Bluesky - angelmuz - Tandy - kentuckydakota - miss - aaeshelman - TriLov - TF Balding - theweavershand - Miss M - Bluesky

7 - Tandy - Bluesky - miss - angelmuz - TriLov - kentuckydakota - theweavershand - aaeshelman - Miss M - TF Balding - Tandy

8 - miss - Tandy - TriLov - Bluesky - theweavershand - angelmuz - Miss M - kentuckydakota - TF Balding - aaeshelman - miss

9 - TriLov - miss - theweavershand - Tandy - Miss M - Bluesky - TF Balding - angelmuz - aaeshelman - kentuckydakota - TriLov

10 - theweavershand - TriLov - Miss M - miss - TF Balding - Tandy - aaeshelman - Bluesky - kentuckydakota - angelmuz - theweavershand

---------------------------------------

1- A -J-B-I-C-H-D-G-E-F-A
2- B-A-C-J-D-I-E-H-F-G-B
3- C-B-D-A-E-J-F-I-G-H-C
4- D-C-E-B-F-A-G-J-H-I-D
5- E-D-F-C-G-B-H-A-I-J-E
6- F-E-G-D-H-C-I-B-J-A-F
7- G-F-H-E-I-D-J-C-A-B-G
8- H-G-I-F-J-E-A-D-B-C-H
9- I-H-J-G-A-F-B-E-C-D-I
10- J -I-A-H-B-G-C-F-D-E-J

A = Miss M
B = TF Balding
C = aaeshelman
D = kentuckydakota
E = angelmuz
F = Bluesky
G = Tandy
H = miss
I = TriLov
J = theweavershand

Last edited by Miss M; 08-19-2017 at 01:01 PM. Reason: filled in rotation schedule
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Players List and Themes

A. Miss M
Theme: Geisha
Any and all things Japanese Geisha. Your spread should depict at least one Geisha, doing something you think a Geisha should/would do. (does not have to be a traditional geisha activity) Stylize your Geisha as you wish: you can choose a traditional depiction, or not and get creative! The two things that make me think "Geisha" are the beautiful kimonos and the elaborate hair.
Do's: I prefer HD/HP, but I do appreciate well done mixed-media. Do what you do best.
Don'ts: Nothing R-rated. Please no unaltered magazine/collage images, stickers, bulky/raised embellishments or "white" backgrounds.

B. TF Balding
Theme: Art Nouveau Fantasy Creatures & Candy
mermaids, hippocampi, fairies, dragons, gryphons... Any type of fantasy beings enjoying your favorite candies in an Art Nouveau setting.
Do's: Use any media you are comfortable with, just have fun & be creative. I love bright bold colorful scenes! Spreads can be three separate panels or one long panel (whatever makes you happy). Artistic nudity is lovely.
Don'ts: No unaltered magazine/collage/scrapbook type bits or stickers for focal images please. If you use them for other elements please make them your own, but avoid ugly white sticker borders (they really kill the aesthetic). No blank white backgrounds. No bulky bits please. NO LOOSE GLITTER. Nothing religious or political.

C. aaeshelman
Theme: Little Known Grimm Fairy tales
Each artist will choose a fairytale from a list of 10 (one for each artist) which will accompany the moley. When you choose a title initial it so there are no repeats.
Do's: use watercolor, color pencil, graphite, etc.
Don'ts: use stickers, collage, etc. and please no nudity although I have no issues with artistic nudity I have young children who will want to share in my moley when it returns.

D. kentuckydakota
Theme:
Do's:
Don'ts:

E. angelmuz
Theme: The Lord of the Rings/The Hobbit movies
I would ask that each artist chose two people from my list here and use these two characters in their drawing ( you can use more than two). Once a character is used, I would request that the next artist chose at least ONE new character from the list that has not been used yet. ( so I don't get lots of repeats of the same character).
List of Characters: Sam, Frodo, Arwen, Aragon, Legolas, Gimli, Faramir, Eowyn, Boromir, Pippin, Merry, Thorin, Bilbo, Fili, Kili, Galadriel ,Gandalf, Tauriel.
Do's: As far as medium I love the realistic look if one is able to draw that well ( I am not, but I will try my best.) Otherwise, I would appreciate hand drawn/painted for THIS moley. Tip ins are OK. Feel free to make whatever background you want and use quotes from the book or movie if you wish to.
Don'ts:

F. Bluesky
Theme: Mermaids
Do's:
Don'ts:

G. Tandy
Theme: Dogs Misbehaving.I have 5 dogs.currently have two purebred Malteses, a Cockapoo (Cocker Spaniel Poodle mix), a Cocker Spaniel mixed with who knows what, and a poodle mixed with who knows what. Feel free to use these breeds or any other breed as I truly love all dogs.
Do's: HD/HP. Mixed media is okay. Use lots of color. Fill the three page spread with one scene (not 3 individual scenes). Feel free to have multiple dogs and breeds on your spread. Make sure your dogs are misbehaving! Be creative and have fun. The sillier the better. BE CAREFUL with your materials and protect the other artwork and blank pages while working on your pages (in the past I had someone get a bunch of gesso on the pages I was to work on and watercolor doesn't work properly over gesso).
Don'ts: I prefer no collage, stickers, glitter, glue, etc. No occult/Wiccan/evil themes or depictions.

H. miss
Theme:
Do's:
Don'ts:

I. TriLov
Theme: Mushroom Houses
One house or several houses, a whole village if you'd like, but please use up the whole page.
Do's: Use color! I love colorful scenes. Any medium you are comfortable with.
Don'ts: no raised embellishments. some stickers are ok as long as they are not the main focus.

J. theweavershand
Theme: Beatles songs
Each spread should illustrate the lyrics of a song written and popularized by the Beatles.
Do's:
Don'ts:

Last edited by Miss M; 09-21-2017 at 01:05 AM. Reason: added theme for Tandy
Old 08-13-2017, 02:43 PM
Mistress of Mischief

My Mood:
TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1317/100%
I just ordered my moley---put me in coach! I will be thinking about my theme & be back!
Old 08-13-2017, 02:50 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Welcome aboard TF!

I'm still trying to decide between 3 themes...
Old 08-13-2017, 08:21 PM
ATC Novice

aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!aaeshelman is an ATC Rock Star!
iTrader Rating: 25/100%
I am so excited. Count me in please! I need a few days to think
Of a theme
Old 08-13-2017, 08:24 PM
ATC Superhero

My Mood:
kentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 1605/100%
I'm jumping in! Please add me to the fun. I'm stewing over themes and will return.
with God's people. Amen.-Revelation 22:20-21
Crows and Ravens
Profile PAT
Old 08-13-2017, 09:01 PM
A Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing

My Mood:
lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 782/100%
I'm in if you will have me.
Old 08-13-2017, 09:02 PM
A Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing

My Mood:
lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!lilbad should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 782/100%
Oops, just saw where no tip ins are allowed. Not sure how I can watercolor on a reg. moley. Let me think about this
Old 08-13-2017, 11:13 PM
Mistress of Mischief

My Mood:
TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!TF Balding should simply stop getting rep at this point!
iTrader Rating: 1317/100%
I myself am not opposed to tip ins to accommodate artists who need them if it helps.
Old 08-14-2017, 07:53 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Welcome aaeshelman and kentuckydakota!

There is still a little time before we have to nail down our themes.
Old 08-14-2017, 08:15 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Okay, I'm busted! You caught me, I cut & paste the same rules a number of previous moley swaps used

Lilbad, I'd personally love to have your art in my moley! But I know what you mean about the paper. I think that rule came about as not everyone liked the discontinuity of the paper.??? (a long-time players will have to correct me)

If no one else objects to a tip-in, I don't mind either, and the rule can be bent to accommodate the art. I just assume no one really wants a whole book full of tip-ins?!

My only request would be that the watercolour paper you choose be not so bulky the moley can't close properly and that the paper can handle repeated folding well. 140lb paper is probably too bulky for the moleys. I know 90lb is easily available in sheets, and watercolour pads (opposed to blocks) are thinner too.

You would still have to mail out individual moleys every month as per the rotation.

Does that help?
Old 08-14-2017, 11:43 AM
ATC Superhero

My Mood:
kentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forumskentuckydakota clearly spends too much time on the forums
I have no problem w/ tipins. I've even contemplated replacing the paper in my moley before w watercolor paper. It is an awkward paper to paint on. But not everyone uses paint so I've never done that. I have cut out a three page section and substituted replacement pages in watercolor though and that worked really well. Didn't make the book any thicker.
Crows and Ravens
Profile PAT
Old 08-14-2017, 12:11 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Excellent, we have someone who has done it. Lilbad, do you want to join now?

I will also update the rule, so more of a preference for working in the book, but if the art style really demands a different paper a tip-in will be allowed. Kocher with everyone?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:11 PM
ATC Guru

My Mood:
angelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forumsangelmuz clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 1101/100%
I would love to play. I like tip ins for my book, have no problem with that at all. I have to come up with a theme now eh?
Old 08-14-2017, 09:54 PM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
Welcome aboard angelmuz! Yup, you need to come up with a theme.....or you could just be risque and go for artist's choice (wait a minute, that might be hard...what am I saying? )

Alright, I will amend the rule!
Old 08-14-2017, 11:52 PM
ATC Superhero

My Mood:
I love the suggestion that angelmuz should go risque (rather than risky). That got the giggles started!
Crows and Ravens
Profile PAT
Old 08-15-2017, 08:42 AM
Glitter Snorter

My Mood:
We don't want a boring moley thread, do we?
Old 08-15-2017, 05:40 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 171/100%
Please add me. I have a blank moley begging to be filled with wonderful art.
Old 08-15-2017, 05:41 PM
I create therefore I know I am

My Mood:
Bluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forumsBluesky clearly spends too much time on the forums
iTrader Rating: 171/100%
I'll be back with a theme.

Tags
circle journal, moley, swap group