Marie

Marie
Media
Swap Due Date: December 7
Number of Cards: 12 for 12
Number of Participants: All are welcome
Media: HD/HP, collage, stitched, etc

The Twelve Days of Christmas

We did this swap last year and it was so much fun. I had so many ideas I didn’t use yet that I wanted to do it again. Even better I wanted to do it earlier so we’d all hopefully receive our cards back in TIME to be a little Christmas present to ourselves. So for this swap we will be making ATC’s that depict the days from the song The 12 Days of Christmas. For consistency of the order of gifts, as they change a bit in some versions of the song, I’ll list them below. This is the same order we chose last year so your sets will be interchangeable. Fun, right? It is not required to include the entire number of the gifts on your cards as long as there is at least one shown. You will receive in your returns a full set of the 12 days... no one will receive duplicate days. If we do not have 12 players you may receive more than one card from the same player.

The gifts are:

Day 1. A partridge in a pear tree
Day 2.Two turtle doves
Day 3.Three french hens
Day 4. Four calling birds
Day 5. Five gold rings
Day 6. Six geese a-laying
Day 7. Seven swans a-swimming
Day 8. Eight maids a-milking
Day 9. Nine ladies dancing
Day 10. Ten lords a-leaping
Day 11. Eleven pipers piping
Day 12. Twelve drummers drumming

Sample Cards:

View attachment 226041 View attachment 226042 View attachment 226043
Here is a LINK TO OUR GALLERY WALL from last year.

*Most* of the usual rules apply:

1. No paper-thin cards, shaped is fine… no chunky elements, and have fun!
2. Please send a SASE2 or 2 forever stamps/large address label sticker and enclose each card in a protective sleeve. ($2 for international players will be fine. If postage is higher I will cover the difference.
3. Leave iTrader and rep points as appropriate.
4. Stop in and visit when you can.
5. While an extra card for the host will always be cherished, it is also completely optional

Who wants to play?

1. Marie - link Arrived!
2. 3moffday2 - link Arrived!
3. locatray - link Arrived!
4. rhodora55 - link Arrived!
5. April2730 - link withdrawn
6. Arc2dreams - link withdrawn
7. Food&Art - link withdrawn
8. Angelmuz - link Arrived!
9. leydab - link Arrived!
10. Xstitcher - link Arrived!
11. Molly - link Arrived!
12. An.M.Sudyka - link Arrived!
13. JoyceG - link Arrived!
14. LuAnnP - link Arrived!
15. Kehlenn - link Arrived!

Last edited:
To those who are joining or lurking, I can tell you that this one one of the best swaps ever. Word to the wise, though, get working on your cards sooner than later. 12 cards can be a lot to handle. My method last year was to begin with the ones that most spoke to me first and make those up and set them aside and then work through the rest of the 12 days in the same manner. I found myself stuck on 2 of them and was really happy that I'd completed 10 already! And getting those returns was such a blast. I have mine and will display them this year for Christmas and then add these!

Welcome 3moffday2, you sure can join in this Christmassy fun! I’ll add you right away. So glad you’re playing!

I’m considering joining but holding off right now...
(The example cards are great, some are a hoot.)

Many were quite beautiful… and some were super fun interpretations! Like the ‘maid a milking’ above, or ‘geese a laying’ bricks and mortar! There are so many ways to go with these verses. :)

Lurking. This looks like a lot of fun. The gallery and sample cards are inspiring! I like the tip to do them out of order as the ideas come to you. I'll probably wait until at least half of my cards are done to officially sign up to be sure I can finish in time.

Sounds like a good plan somnia! I often do the same thing. I’ve been thinking up my ideas and hope to get started sketching tonight. :)

Back
Top Bottom