Sugar Skulls Swap - DUE OCTOBER 21

Starting to see more cards come in... thatgeekyartgirl's arrived today! Thank you for the hostie bits and extra card! They're just beautiful, all of them. Please, everyone, feel free to post if you scan your cards.
Meg

Scwk - Sorry to see you go, hope to see you in another swap soon!

babynavyblue - You've been added in place of scwk.

dipsy - Thank you! Those are just gorgeous, and I appreciate the care on the glitterboard.

Fantastic art, everyone! I am so happy I chose this topic, I'm seeing some really great works come in. We've got about 3 weeks left, so if you're outside the USA, you'll want to ship soon. Thanks again and keep on arting! ;)
Meg

here's mine! that was super fun. I played with the kinds of skulls I used, hope that's ok. they're on the way to you!

And the mailbox made me happy with an arrival from TheCharmedLife! Keep them coming, they're all so lovely! (funny story, charmed, I laughed....) :)
Meg

Ooo, animal skulls, very creative! Natasha, those are lovely, the last two are very tattoo-like.

3 weeks, everyone. I hope you're having a lovely autumn time of the year. I'm enjoying the cooler weather and the golden quality to the light these days. And decorating my cubicle at work for Halloween...
Meg

Mine went out today. I usually go inside the post office and get them hand-canceled, but since it was raining i threw them in the drive-through box. Sure hope the postal machine doesn't eat them up! Fingers-crossed!

Sheala and Natasha great cards.

Well it's may be autumn by date, but here in The Phoenix area it's still in the 100s. If you want colorful leaves her you have to buy them at hobby lobby. I could drive to the northern part of the state about 3 or 4 hours and see fall leaves and cooler weather.

I'm jealous, Won't be in the sixties in the day until the end of November. The end of October during the night we might get down to the sixties. August was the hotest on record. Every day but 2 were over 110. Yuck. I would love to move somewhere cool. It'd be so fun to have seasons. We are hot from April or May until Mid October, then it's average from mid october to April or may. I don't own a coat. I have a couple of light button up sweaters, and a light leather coat for when we go on the motorcycle in the "winter"

I was raised in Tucson. It's usually about 5 or 6 degrees cooler there than in the phoenix metro area. I'd like to try anything different. I've been here all of my life

1 - catlady, you are on the waiting list!

2 - Yeah, I don't like freezing cold either. I moved to Seattle from Denver, Colorado, and I far prefer the temperate climate here.

3 - So, what kinds of activities/items are traditional in this season where you are? I've noticed Seattle doesn't seem as big on those huge commercial "haunted houses". We seem to have lots of small local parties at clubs and things. But lots of people dress up at work.
Meg

Well I live in Chandler just outside of Phoenix, and in 17 years the two have grown together. What we have that Tucson doesn't is freeways galore. All that ever happened of there freeway plan is Aviation parkway. It was pretty nice for the first year. Then Tucson in it's infinate wisdom put up stop light every 2 or3 miles, because people were driving too fast. My family all still live there. I'm close enough to get there in an hour and a half.

I really hate Halloween. I'll sit in front early and see the little kids. Once the older kids start about 7:00 I'm done. I notice every year it's less and less. All the sweet families that bought houses and moved here 5 years ago, have either lost the home to forcloser or did a short sale. So we have a lot of empty houses. The house next to us was empty for 2 years. At one point there were these guys out fromt and I went out and they told me that they were going to redo the kitchen and laundry room so they were going to store the appliances so they weren't in the way. I thought great someones going to move in. But no, they were stealing them.

Back
Top Bottom