Sugar Skulls Swap - DUE OCTOBER 21

Neat, baby, I love the color themes!

Annie, Margie, your cards have arrived safe and sound. So lovely! I'm so excited to do the swapping this weekend.
Meg

I reckon its too late to join in, mail from GA to Seattle is about 3 days. this is the 2nd sugar skull swap I have missed.m: (
I seem to always find them late in the game.

Sorry, cat lady... next time? If you want to keep a look-out, I think my next swap will be about TEA. :)

meredithu, aznfg, your cards arrived in today's mail.

We are done tomorrow, everyone! The mail will hopefully hold the few remaining ones either tomorrow or Saturday at the latest. I will do the swapout Sunday so I can put them in the mail Monday. Thank you for playing and don't forget to leave rep for the artists when your returns show up. Beautiful art, everyone!

Meg

Babynavyblue, yours arrived yesterday! So cute! I can't wait to spread all these pretties out and start playing swapit. LOL
Meg

FYI everyone, I can't really send anything until Monday, so I'll check today's mail just in case. For those of you in other countries, the USA doesn't do mail on Sundays.
:)
Meg

I got one in the mail yesterday, so that's 3 missing artists. I've already laid them all out today and swapped around so I can prepare the envelopes tonight. If those three show up this coming week, I will swap them with each other only JUST THIS ONCE.

Thank you for all the great art, everyone! It was fun hosting this swap and I really enjoyed seeing your interpretations on the theme. Thank you as well to those of you who generously sent a hostess card and/or contributed to postage. I will put those in the mail at work tomorrow. For the players in Slovenia and the UK, I will take yours to the post office this week, as I'll get exact postage calculated. I hope you enjoyed, and don't forget to post rep for the cards and let us know here when you receive them!

(if you want to keep an eye out for it, my next swap will be about Tea, my favorite drink!)

HUGS
Meg

I hate to sound uncaring but all of the swaps I've been in lately have had to wait for 3 or more sets of cards. I don't mind waiting for returns at all, but one swap had nine sets to wait for. It's interesting to me. If you want to wait Meg I'm sure we will all be understanding of their tardiness. It is a busy time of year and will really get busier. So tell us about the tea swap.

I am hoping to get most of these back to you some time close to the actual Day of the Dead, so they're going in the mail as promised today. I understand this time of year can be hectic with impending holidays, but nothing precludes a little courtesy of at least letting me know, or withdrawing. We have to make the rules apply fairly or there's no point to them.

So! Tea!~
I love tea. Always have, can't stand coffee, I'll drink tea any time of year. Once I tried the good stuff, I never bought another box of cheap bags. The difference in quality between Lipton and PG Tips, for example? 100%. And loose tea has no comparison. Especially since I've always loved my tea STRONG. So, I was thinking of making the next swap all about tea. Tea, tea plants (camellia sinensis), tea cups, tea pots, tea ceremonies, whatever. As long as it's focused on tea. Heck, draw a tea bag and then stain the card with actual tea, that's groovy. :)

Anyhow, I'll stop rambling now and finish my delicious cuppa this morning.
Meg

Sugar Skulls made it to Michigan today. Thanks so much SeattleMeg for hosting this fun event.
My skulls came from kittythf, Cameo and dipsydoo1968. They are all above what I expected! So awesome!

Last edited:
Gosh, you all are getting those returns so fast! I'm so glad you like them, weren't they all just amazingly creative? Thank you, everyone, for making my second swap so much fun to host!
Meg

Thanks so much SeattleMeg for hosting this great swap! And, thank you to thatgeekyartgirl, annieartgirl, and aznfg for my great sugar skull atcs! Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom