Probationary User
Media
Sugar Skulls Swap

Due Date: October 21, 2011

Sign-up deadline: September 21, 2011
Withdraw by: September 23, 2011
Number of ATC's: 3 for 3
Number of Participants: 20
Medium: Any, no stickers or glitter (EDIT: no loose glitter, the glue with the glitter already in it is ok.)

In Mexico, the 1st of November is Dia de los Muertes, the Day of the Dead. It is a day for honoring your ancestors, loved ones who have died, and appreciating those still with us. One of the ways they do this is to create a small skull made of sugar (but inedible, actually) and decorate it with bright colors and designs. I love the intricacy and color on Sugar Skulls. Here are some examples:
Sugar Skulls on Google Images As you can see from the example, people also use the sugar skull theme for decorating and it's popular for tattoos. Feel free to make a card of that if you wish, as long as the skull(s) is the main focus.

This is open to any medium. I do request that you not use stickers as the main focus or sole decoration. No loose glitter please, my kitty cats don't need that junk on their paws and I hate vacuuming! ;)
YES!!! You may use embellishments but please keep them as flat as possible for ease of mailing.

My few Requirements on any swap:

* ATCs must be 3 1/2 x 2 1/2 and protected in a plastic sleeve.
* This will be a 3 for 3 swap. Extra cards for the host are not necessary but of course are always welcome and definitely enjoyed and appreciated.
*PLEASE NEATLY include your name, user name, swap name, title or number of card on the back of each card.
*Please put your user name & swap name on the back of your envelopes.

Mailing ~
Please make sure to secure your cards and use enough postage so as to avoid postage due issues.

http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthread.php?t=909 (How to pack & mail ATCs)

U.S. Players: Please send an SASE with enough postage for a return. Normal and lightweight cards take a .44 cent or 1 "forever" stamp. Heavier or more embellished cards may take .64 cents or 2 "forever" stamps. If your cards are particularly heavy - extra postage is always welcome.

International Players: Need to send your ATCs and an envelope with your address - I will cover ALL international players return postage. This is only my second swap, so I am limiting it to 5 slots out of the 20 for international players.

Itrader/Rep. Points: I will leave Itrader comments for all players when I mail out your returns - in return please leave me an Itrader when you receive your swapped cards. A blurp on the forum thread that your cards arrived is always nice and please remember to leave rep points for the artists you received cards from - everyone loves to get their world rocked.

Here is a link to the easiest way I've found to find players and leave points.
http://atcsforall.com/forum/showthre...142#post915142

Everyone loves to see what players are making so if you would, PLEASE - PLEASE post your scanned or photo images of your cards in the swap forum.

Step by step instructions on how to post pics of ATCs to the swap forum http://www.atcsforall.com/forum/show...375#post924375

Below are the cards I have made already, as I'm terribly impatient when I'm inspired. I look forward to the art everyone will do!

Skeletal Players:

1. Jennie - CARDS ARRIVED
2. kris10satcs - CARDS ARRIVED
3. Margiepoo - CARDS ARRIVED
4. Pennyquilter - CARDS ARRIVED
5. Cameo - CARDS ARRIVED
6. aznfg - CARDS ARRIVED
7. Kittythf - CARDS ARRIVED
8. TheCharmedLife - CARDS ARRIVED
9. dipsydoo1968 - Kent, UK - CARDS ARRIVED
10. shealadraws - CARDS ARRIVED
11. NatashaMay - Slovenia - CARDS ARRIVED
12. scwk0511 - Withdraw
13. thatgeekyartgirl - CARDS ARRIVED
14. hazartist1
15. Nativekillette
16. artful_disarray - Withdraw
17. deborahinwi
18. livia - CARDS ARRIVED
19. annieartgirl - CARDS ARRIVED
20. StaticEmbrace - Withdraw

WAITING LIST:
1. babynavyblue - CARDS ARRIVED
2. JavaZarf - declined
3. meredithu - - CARDS ARRIVED
4. sarat
5. Catladybj

1_img211.jpg
1_img210.jpg
1_img209.jpg

Last edited:
Meg,

You might be in big trouble with the Crafty Chica if you don't allow glitter for sugar skulls. But I'm doing the ATCs, not her so I will sign up and remain glitter free.

Back
Top Bottom