Fabric/Stitched (Open Theme) Due: Sept. 5th

It depends what your preference is. Do you cross stitch? If you decide to quilt you'll put a thin layer of batting in it and maybe make it slightly smaller than usual so it will fit in the sleeve easily. There are several different types that can be used for this swap. Do you embroider?
Yes I like to quilt and do embroidery. Am I affixing to an actual card or just make what I sew 2.5x3.5 ?
 
InTheTrees, I have seen players in these fabric swaps give their fabric more substance in various ways. It is possible to use an iron-on fusible web (Heat N Bond, for instance) to adhere fabric to cardstock, like Bristol. The iron isn’t hot enough to burn the card, it’s just pressed down for about 7 seconds. Sometimes I sew a backing fabric onto my image fabric along three sides like an envelope, leaving the top open, turn to the right side and press. Insert a piece (or 2) of 3 1/2” x 2 1/2” cardstock inside the fabric envelope, turn the top edges inward toward each other and whipstitch closed. People come up with different creative ideas to make their fabric not flimsy.
 
Back
Top Bottom