Fabric/Stitched (Open Theme) Due: Sept. 5th

Lurking for now, I never did a stitched card, but I want to, I even bought one of those little hand held sewing machines, so I wouldn't have to take out the regular size one (I don't have a dedicated space for painting and crafting, just my dinning table, so it requires setting things up each time). But that little thing is a pain in the neck!:biglaugh:
I will practice on a few before committing to the swap :giggle:
Let us know - I've had my eye on those too; I'm don't really sew - just throw thread around until it looks like something - it would be great if those worked then it would be just like drawing.🤞
 
Let us know - I've had my eye on those too; I'm don't really sew - just throw thread around until it looks like something - it would be great if those worked then it would be just like drawing.🤞
“…just throw thread around until it looks like something…” - too funny! That sounds like my “sewing” too 😂
 
Not sure if I can join, but I wanted to share about a book I just found at the library's book sale. It's called "Inchie Quilts" by Nadine Ruggles, published by AQS Publishing. Maybe it's a sign about this swap. I'll see what I can do before signing up.
 
Any tips on what to make cards from
It depends what your preference is. Do you cross stitch? If you decide to quilt you'll put a thin layer of batting in it and maybe make it slightly smaller than usual so it will fit in the sleeve easily. There are several different types that can be used for this swap. Do you embroider?
 
I'm lurking for now, but I do have a question. Should the entire card be created with fabric, or is other mixed media allowed with the fabric? Thanks!
I want it all to be fabric. In my last two swaps though, Donnacr did string art on cardstock and I loved everything she made. So, for string art, I'll make an exception.
 
Back
Top Bottom