Rain! Due September 25, 2026

Swap Due Date - September 25, 2026
Signup/withdraw date - September 17, 2026
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants -unlimited
Medium: Open except exclusively digital. (nothing AI generated)



Rain

My examples will be in the next post.

This is all about the delight all the way to terror of rain, that magnificent water of the sky. Three to six cards depicting some form of rain, anywhere from the first few drops to a total downpour.

If you have questions or need clarifications, please ask. Also, do post your cards in the swap and chatting in the swap is good to me.

EXTRA WHIMSY: This one is for the lurkers too! I have a book, Water of the Sky: A Dictionary of 2,000 Japanese Rain Words that I will post a different word from. I'd say at least weekly, though probably more than that in the early part of the swap. You can also see Miya Ando's artwork that accompanied the book.

Swap Requirements ~
1. Each card must feature rain in some capacity.
2. All cards should be standard 3.5” x 2.5”
3. This swap is 3 for 3/ 6 for 6. An extra card for the host is lovely and I genuinely appreciate it, but is completely optional. Sometimes I only have 3 ideas for a swap, so don't feel bad if you don't include a host card.

Other stuff:

As a host, I tend towards very loosely swapping like for like. (collage for collage/ hand drawn for hand drawn- but I don't fully hold to this. Sometimes I'm more drawn to trading cards that have similar themes to each other.)

Mailing Information ~
* Include username, real name, your state/country and the swap name on the back of all cards - and put username and swap name on all envelopes sent.
* US Participants – Please include a clearly written mailing label and stamp. This is what I prefer. If you send a SASE I'll use it, but not my first choice.
* International Participants - Please send a mailing label and I will cover postage. Again, you also don't need to send me a return envelope, but if you do I'll use it.
*Late cards past a day or so will be returned.

*Feedback/Reputation:
When you receive your returns, please leave Feedback for me as the host. I'll leave you Feedback when I receive your cards.
Use Reputation to thank the artists who's cards you received. Also, in the reputation, naming which card you received is nice, since some people like to know where their artworks end up. Reputation is visible and will show underneath posts.

Players:
1. Janae - received!
2. MarloweSinclair - received!
3. Inthetrees1970 -received!
4. Donnacr - received!
5. Sunny - received!
6. Mybrokenart - received!
7. Leydab - received!
8. EggFriend9000
9. Middleearthtraveller -received!
10. LuK - received!
11. Design49 - received!
12. Huddlestonmollie - received!
13. Wafflegizmo
14. Sweetangel- received!
15. DRlake66
16. Sunnyvic - received!
17. Ceejay - received!
18. MaggieMcW - received!
19. rm_inkwing - received!
20. MissP - received!
21. Ajarvis - received!
22. Stacy - received!
23. GWTW - received!
24. AmethystStar - received!
25. The Walnut Tree - received!
26. Amai - received!
27. Starryeyes
28. Quittinearly - received!
29. PluckyGirl - received!
30. An. M. Sudyka - received!
etc...
I can do this!
 
Amamayori - a break from the rain.

Last of the rain words I'll post. Ando's book Water of the Sky: A Dictionary of 2000 Japanese rain words really is a treat.

Last day too, to join. I'll move the swap to active tomorrow
 
The swap is officially closed. Waiting on one more set, hopefully they come tomorrow. Im going to try and get them swapped out this weekend; but i think that is going to be overly ambitious. It ended up being a busy weekend. Nevertheless, I will keep everyone abreast of when the cards are sent out.
 
I was only able to put a few hours towards swapping out, so I'd say I'm about a third of the way.

A few things on the returns: I won't be able to write notes in all of the cards, but know that I appreciate all of the lovely, clever, and interesting cards that were submitted. This was a great swap!

When we moved my father he had a ton of envelopes and cards from different organizations. You are likely to get a happy birthday or congrats on your new home.

Finally, youll leave Feedback for me as your host and you can leave reputation for the cards of the artists you received. Reputation is public, BTW.

I'll let you know when the cards go out and continue to keep you all updated on my progress.
 
Pretty much any swap that is over 25 or so participants will get split into 2 separate sorts with a roughly even number of cards. I have the one sort completely done and plan to start the second set tomorrow night.
 
Back
Top Bottom