What can you make with. . .CIRCLES due: July 8

Donnacr

ATC Guru
Friend of AFA
Media
Albums
Swap due date - 8 July 2024
postage date for internationals - June 10
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I suggest you allow at least 4 weeks

Number of cards - 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants - unlimited
Medium - any and all but each card MUST contain an obvious element made from a COMPLETE circle/circles.

These could range from the obvious use of: sun/moon/planets, fruit slices (orange, lemon, pineapple, etc), fried or poached egg, donuts, balls/hoops/wheels, caterpillars, snowmen or cake from above. Or try for something a little trickier like: the Mickey Mouse symbol, a pig face or the whole pig, a crowd scene (lots of little circle faces) or. . . surprise me.

IMG_3857.jpeg IMG_3859.jpeg IMG_3860.jpeg IMG_3861.jpeg

I am hoping to make a series of things made from different shapes so here are my proposed future topics. All swaps will be due on the 8th of the month.
August - Squares, September - Triangles, October - semi-circles, November - Rectangles, December - Hearts January - Hexagons February - Ovals

Please include a background for your circles. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.
Post to the thread to sign up.

Postage:
International players:
a well hidden US$2 OR a Global Forever stamp
Australian players: a $1.50 stamp

Start a conversation to ask for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. If you have an address in Robina, Queensland I am still there.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label. I will provide envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.
2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get Rep comments) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.
3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.
4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.
5. I will give iTrader when I receive your cards and will update this post. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep comments to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards have gone is half the fun, I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr - received
1. leydab
2. NancyL - withdrawn
3. mybrokenart
4. CiCiCreates
5. Luk
6. Tillygo
7. TheFFG
8. Betsyg

Last edited:
Question: are the circles drawn on the card, or should they be cut and glued on? Or either? Or a mix?

Welcome to all the people who have signed up so quickly - lovely to have you join me.
To the lurkers - make yourselves comfortable on my lurkers’ couch but you know you will join us eventually ;)

I have at least 4 suggestions for each of the future shapes listed in this series. I would love to add hexagon to the series but can only come up with 2 suggestions of: bee hive and mosaic. Can anyone suggest more things for that shape or any other?

Nearly forgot - CiCiCreates I am generally a mixed media artist so most of mine will be punched/die cut circles but I am very happy to have hand drawn circles or a mix of both.

Last edited:
As far as hexagons go, there is a quilt made up of sewn together hexagons, sewn to resemble a flower. It is called “Grandmother’s Flower Garden.”. Another suggestion is to depict a fancy floor tile. But I think my favorite shape is the oval, don’t really know why.

Last edited:
You may notice that I have added a few more examples to the first post.
I don’t have any patterned paper with me so the birds were punched from sections of a magazine I am reading.
The ladybirds are completely punched circles, as is the flower with them.
I hope that you are having fun playing with circles - more possibilities are: caterpillars or snowmen.

Last edited:
My husband took it as a challenge when I said that I needed more ideas for hexagons and ovals - I now have many ideas for both and so have added them to our list for the future. 🤭🤔

I have now added a card showing a crowd of spectators made from multiple colours and a hole punch, with faces in fineliner

Swap due date - 8 July 2024
postage date for internationals - June 10
I live in Australia - mail will NOT reach me quickly! I suggest you allow at least 4 weeks

Number of cards - 3:3 or 6:6
Number of participants - unlimited
Medium - any and all but each card MUST contain an obvious element made from a COMPLETE circle/circles.

These could range from the obvious use of: sun/moon/planets, fruit slices (orange, lemon, pineapple, etc), fried or poached egg, donuts, balls/hoops/wheels or cake from above. Or try for something a little trickier like: the Mickey Mouse symbol, a pig face or the whole pig, a crowd scene (lots of little circle faces) or. . . surprise me.

View attachment 789888 View attachment 789917 View attachment 789918 View attachment 789941

I am hoping to make a series of things made from different shapes so here are my proposed future topics. All swaps will be due on the 8th of the month.
August - Squares, September - Triangles, October - semi-circles, November - Rectangles, December - Hearts January - Hexagons February - Ovals

Please include a background for your circles. Plain white backgrounds will be returned unswapped.
Post to the thread to sign up.

Postage:
International players:
a well hidden US$2 OR a Global Forever stamp
Australian players: a $1.50 stamp

Start a conversation to ask for my address when you are ready to mail your cards. If you have an address in Robina, Queensland I am still there.

ALL players please include a LARGE address label. I will provide envelopes.

1. Do your best work - I plan to swap effort-for-effort as much as I can.
2. Clearly write your USERNAME and the SWAP NAME on the back of all your cards (so you can get Rep comments) and on the back of your mailing envelope. I am running a few swaps and do not want to put you with the wrong returns.
3. Please mail early to allow time to reach Australia.
4. An extra card for the swap Host is greatly appreciated but is not required.
5. I will give iTrader when I receive your cards and will update this post. In return I encourage you to give iTrader Host feedback to me when you receive your swap returns, and Rep comments to the artists whose cards you receive. After all, knowing where your cards have gone is half the fun, I think.

PLAYERS:
0. donnacr
1. leydab
2. NancyL
3. mybrokenart
4. CiCiCreates
5. Luk
6. Tillygo
7. TheFFG
What about abstract art with circles? Would they be welcome?

Back
Top Bottom