Hand-Carved Halloween - Due October 24, 2026

It has been a comedy of errors lately.
I started a linocut a week ago. It is hiding SOMEWHERE in my studio.
I have cleaned and cleaned, but it has joined the rubber cat stamp that still has not shown up.... carved months ago.
My studio/workshop is, um, not tidy.

616425-d058e61684c256da4bd5f906c637c0f0.jpg

So I found a slightly smaller bit of rubber and tried my skeleton idea again.
Loosely based on an old vintage image. I just love vintage Halloween decorations.
I still hope to locate the semi-cut piece of linoleum, so I will not mail yet.

PS I didn't know you need to photograph a SQUARE to get it right. If you click on the image in the GALLERY, you can see both images just fine.

Will I EVER learn this interface?!?!?!

https://atcsforall.com/forums/media/kneeling_skellie-jpg.616425/full
 
Last edited:
Instead of cleaning my studio/workshop, I kept playing with the stamp I carved earlier today.
I bought some Blick block printing ink when I first signed up for this swap... and I must say it is SO much fun to play with block-printing in color.
(Recommendation: do not print black first! I had to scrub the stamp really well before using orange.)
I am not sure which four will get sent to the swap, but I will pick the four I like best and the others will go to the Aaron Douglas Art Fair tomorrow. They will be added to the "free" box, available to anyone who comes to the Topeka Art Guild table!

616449-2aefa500b337b610f566687f646f8896.jpg
 
Swap Due Date - October 24, 2026
Signup/withdraw date - Anytime, but please communicate
Number of Cards - 3 for 3 or 6 for 6
Number of participants - Unlimited
Medium: Any but using at least one hand-carved stamp in each card

Swap Details:
As a follow up to the hand-carved swap I am running until the end of August, I wanted to add some holiday fright. Welcome to the hand-carved Halloween!

The rules are easy. For this swap you will create ATC cards that contain at least one Halloween themed hand carved stamp. That image can be the focal point or part of the background. The choice is yours, just make sure that the stamp is visible. You may combine them with any technique you choose.
Make cards that you would love to receive. Add layers and detail to them but overall, have fun!

How to participate:
• Please sign up by posting to this thread.
• Make sure your cards are made out of sturdy material and are 2.5" x 3.5"
• Include your Username, swap name, your location, and the date in the back of each card.
• Each card should be sent in an individual clear protective sleeve.
• A hostess card is not necessary, but if you decide to send me one, I will treasure it.
• If you need to withdraw, please just let me know.
• When you are ready to mail your cards: send me a PM for my address. I haven't moved so if you have my address from previous swaps, it is still the same.

Mailing
  • Please include a large address label or a piece of paper with your address as well as enough postage to cover your returns. I will provide the return envelope.
  • Please write your user name and the swap in the back of your envelope as I run several swaps at the same time. That helps me remain organized.
  • International participants: I will cover your return postage.
As I receive your cards, I will post received by your name on the thread. When you receive your returns, don't forget to provide feedback to your host and leave a reputation note to your fellow artists.

Who wants to play:
0.- Leydab
1.- Amai
2.- LuAnnP
3.- MyBrokenArt
4.- Janae - Received - Feedback
5.- 14CarrotGold
6.- AmethystStar - Received - Feedback
7.- wildholly
8.- middleearthtraveller
9.- LuK - Received - Feedback
10.- moonlightjellies23
11.- Squirrelfriend
12.- MissP
13.- mdrogge
14.- Cleopatra
15.- Laneytree2
Furrmama would like to join
 
Welp, for better or worse, I have produced cards. I learned A LOT from this swap, like what materials work, which ones REALLY do not work and that I am s#!* at carving (after cutting myself a few times and making some very ugly stamps). It was fun to try something new, though, and, looking through the cards that everyone posted so far, you are all wizards or something- your cards/stamps are amazing! (I barely made star stamps but added skeletons as distractions)...
 

Attachments

  • 20261001_081821.jpg
    20261001_081821.jpg
    593.3 KB · Views: 5
Welp, for better or worse, I have produced cards. I learned A LOT from this swap, like what materials work, which ones REALLY do not work and that I am s#!* at carving (after cutting myself a few times and making some very ugly stamps). It was fun to try something new, though, and, looking through the cards that everyone posted so far, you are all wizards or something- your cards/stamps are amazing! (I barely made star stamps but added skeletons as distractions)...
You will continue to learn. Don't give up! Your stars are very good and angles are not easy to carve, so kudos to you!
 
Back
Top Bottom