HOW TO: Host An ATC Swap

It depends on when the moderator you send your contact info is online. As soon as I log on I check my pm's so as soon as i've got your pm i'll reply to say you can post your first swap. Once you have posted your swap it will go into moderation so that a mod can check the thread. Normally your swap will be approved within hours. Your details will then be passed on to admin so they can add you to the host forum.
 
could we update the faq on "how to host with"

about Itrader info - just got a message from a host that I don't get a itrader for sending in cards for a swap just a rep
 
Does anyone explain to newbies how the iTrader and Rep Points work? No one ever explained it to me and I found it extremely confusing. It took being in a few swaps to finally get it and I was wondering how come someone doesn't send the newbies a quick message to explain how things work. Just an idea!
 
could we update the faq on "how to host with"

about Itrader info - just got a message from a host that I don't get a itrader for sending in cards for a swap just a rep

Point that host to these FAQS:
How Should I Use iTrader?

First line states:
Host: Person hosting the swap-leaves iTrader for participants
 
oh I did - I just thought maybe she missed it being new to hosting - she's been a member for a while now - not sure - thanks!
 
Last edited:
Are there any guidelines that a host should follow when setting the deadline for the swap? I saw 3 months was the max, but what's a good minimum?
 
I don´t think there are guidelines for a minimum. There have been several "Quick-Turn-Around" swaps in the past with 4 or 6 weeks until the due date. Players should have enough time to work on their cards (which depends on the technique used) and you should consider mailing times, too. International can take up to 2 weeks. :)
 
I'm just finishing up my first swap and was wondering how to create a gallery for the swap. I looked (briefly) through the support forums and didn't find anything. I always enjoy looking through the swap gallery and wanted to make one for my players too :)
 
OK, so to host a swap, I should first PM any moderator with my info and wait for confirmation, right? Then, post it in open swap forum where someone will proofread it and make corrections.
How can I change the word rookie under my username to anything else?
How do I post a sticky, or should it be submitted? It would have a URL in it.
 
Yaqui, when you have an iTrader rating of 15, you can PM your info in.
Because then you will be eligible to host.

To change your Custom User Title:
Go to Edit Your Details on your User CP
Scroll down to Custom User Title
Add your title,
Scroll down and click save.

You can't post Sticky Notes. That's something only a Staff member can do.
:)
 
Thanks, Carol. You have been my rock wall for 4 years now! I don't know why I just skimmed over 'title'. Too bad we can't pick up where we left off after a crash; one good thing though, I have a drawer full of FLASHDRIVES! LOL
 
In A PAT, you make one card for each player in your group.
In a group of 5 player, which includes you, you make 4 cards and receive 4 cards in return.
If you play in 2 groups, then you would make 8 cards, 4 for each group, and receive 8 cards in return.

The PAT host sorts the cards and fills the players return envelope with the cards that were made for them.
 
Back
Top Bottom